Houston Astros (67-50) vs Los Angeles Angels (58-59)
Game Info: Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 2:10 pm (Minute Maid Park)
Jose Urquidy (2-2) (6.10) vs Chase Silseth (3-1) (3.72)
Betting Odds: Houston Astros -156 / Los Angeles Angels +131 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Angels and Houston Astros face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Minute Maid Park.
Chase Silseth has been Strong
Chase Silseth has been strong this season for the Angels and coming into this game he sits with a 3-1 record and an ERA of 3.72. In his last start against the Mariners he went seven innings giving up four hits and two runs. The Angels are averaging 4.87 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.85 runs per game. The offense is ranked 7th and overall the pitching has been an issue and is ranked 21st.
Angels Betting Trends
- The Angels have lost each of their last seven games against AL West opponents.
- The Angels have failed to cover the run line in 10 of their last 11 games following a road loss.
- The Angels have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four road games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Angels' last seven road games against AL West opponents.
- The Angels have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last seven games at Minute Maid Park.
Astros Need a Strong Outing from Urquidy
Getting the start for the Astros will be Jose Urquidy and he hasn’t been exactly good this season. In his last start against the Yankees he went 3.1 innings giving up three hits and five runs. The Astros are averaging 4.85 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.18 runs per game. The offense is ranked 9th while the pitching is ranked 7th. Kyle Tucker has hit 21 home runs and driven in 63 RBis.
Astros Betting Trends
- The Astros have won 12 of their last 13 day games against AL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The Astros have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight day games against American League opponents.
- The Astros have led after 7 innings in each of their last five home games against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Astros' last five games at Minute Maid Park.
Shane’s Free Pick
Urquidy has really struggled so far this season for the Astros and the Angels bats are going to find success here. Look for a good start from Silseth and the Astros bats are going to score only three or four runs total. That isn’t going to be enough to get it done, and the Angels are going to secure the victory here. Every game is big for the Angels and they will get the job done here.