Yankees vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 8/12/23
Miami Marlins (60-57) vs New York Yankees (60-56)
Game Info: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 4:10 pm (loanDepot park)
Sandy Alcantara (4-10) (4.28) vs Jhony Brito (4-5) (5.02)
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins -125 / New York Yankees +105 --- Over/Under: 7 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Yankees will play the Miami Marlins in Game 2 of their series on Saturday afternoon at loanDepot park in Miami, Florida. Miami was able to get a much needed series win coming into this game, but they got rolled by New York in Game 1 by a score of 9-4. The Yankees are trying to stay within reach of a Wild Card spot and it was great to see the offense come alive on Friday.
The New York Yankees are 60-56 this season and they have lost four of their last seven games. Prior to this series, New York lost two out of three games to the White Sox in Chicago. The Yankees offense is trying to get going, as they have scored seven runs or more in three of their last five games. The New York pitching staff has a 3.97 ERA, a 1.23 WHIP, and a .231 opponent batting average this season. The Yankees offense has scored 503 runs with a .233 batting average and a .308 on base percentage. Gleyber Torres is batting .271 with 18 home runs and 49 RBI’s for the Yankees. The projected starting pitcher for New York is Jhony Brito, who is 4-5 with a 5.02 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP over 57.1 innings pitched this year.
The Miami Marlins are 60-57 this season and they have lost six of their last eight games. Miami came into this series after winning two out of three games against the Reds on the road. The Marlins pitching staff has ran into some issues recently, allowing five runs or more in five of their last seven games. The Miami pitching staff has a 4.20 ERA, a 1.28 WHIP, and a .245 opponent batting average. The Marlins offense has scored 474 runs with a .262 batting average and a .318 on base percentage this year. Jorge Soler is batting .244 with 28 home runs and 62 RBI’s for the Marlins. The projected starting pitcher for Miami is Sandy Alcantara, who is 4-10 with a 4.28 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP over 149.1 innings pitched this season.
Miami Marlins Team Facts
- The Marlins have lost each of their last eight games against AL East opponents following a home loss.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine games as favorites after playing the previous day.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last six games as favorites against AL East opponents.
- The Marlins have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three games as home favorites against American League opponents.
- The Marlins have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
New York Yankees Team Facts
- The Yankees have lost each of their last six games against National League opponents following a win.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six road games following a win.
- The Yankees have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last four road games.
- The Yankees have led after 7 innings in each of their last six Saturday games.
Miami Marlins Player Prop Facts
- Sandy Alcantara has recorded seven or more strikeouts in each of his last five Saturday appearances at LoanDepot Park.
New York Yankees Player Prop Facts
- Gleyber Torres has hit a home run in each of the Yankees' last three day games against opponents that held a winning record.
- Giancarlo Stanton has scored a run in eight of his last nine appearances against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
- Aaron Judge has recorded at least one RBI in five of his last six road appearances against NL opponents.
- DJ LeMahieu has recorded at least one total base in each of the Yankees' last eight day games.
- Gleyber Torres has recorded at least one hit in each of the Yankees' last 12 games against NL opponents.
- The Miami Marlins ranks 4th in the league for hits this season (1042).
- The Miami Marlins ranks 27th in the league for home runs this season (110).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for hits this season (886).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for batting average this season (.233).
The Marlins continue to trend in the wrong direction, but they can still make a NL Wild Card spot if they can turn things around quickly. Miami is 34-25 at home, while New York is only 25-28 on the road. Miami is starting Sandy Alcantara, who has allowed two earned runs or fewer in three of his last five starts. New York is starting Jhony Brito, who has allowed seven earned runs in his last 11.1 innings of work. Alcantara has started to turn things around for the Marlins and I like them to get the win.