Twins vs Phillies Prediction - MLB Picks 8/12/23
Philadelphia Phillies (64-52) vs Minnesota Twins (60-57)
Game Info: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 6:05 pm (Citizens Bank Park)
Taijuan Walker (13-4) (4.05) vs Pablo Lopez (7-6) (3.81)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Phillies -111 / Minnesota Twins +101 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Minnesota Twins and Philadelphia Phillies face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Citizens Bank Park. In the first game of this series it was the Phillies that were able to secure the 13-2 victory.
Twins Continue to Confuse
No one can really figure out this Twins team and by the end of the season we might not have figured it out. Last weekend they swept the Arizona Diamondbacks but they followed that up losing 3 of 4 against the Detroit Tigers. The Twins are averaging 4.4 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.06 runs per game. The offense is ranked 18th while the pitching is ranked 4th. On the mound for the Twins is Pablo Lopez who sits with a 7-6 record and an ERA of 3.81. In his last start against the Tigers he went seven innings giving up five hits and zero runs.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have lost each of their last six games against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The Twins have covered the run line each of their last eight Saturday games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Twins' last six night games against National League opponents.
- The Twins have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three road night games.
- The Twins have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
Phillies Continue to Impress
The Phillies are coming off a series against the Washington Nationals where they were able to win three of four. In the last two wins against the Nationals the pitching gave up only two runs and they need the pitching to be good again here. The Phillies are averaging 4.62 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.36 runs per game. The offense is ranked 13th while the pitching is ranked 14th.
Phillies Betting Trends
- The Phillies have won each of their last eight home games against American League opponents following a home win.
- The Phillies have covered the run line in each of their last five home games after playing the previous day.
- The Phillies have led after 3 innings in each of their last three home games against American League opponents.
Phillies vs Twins Facts
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks T5th in the league for triples this season (21).
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 6th in the league for doubles this season (217).
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 3rd in the league for walks allowed this season (320).
- The Minnesota Twins are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and walks allowed this season.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is a game where the Twins are going to find success. Lopez gave up zero runs in his last start and the Phillies bats are going to be ice cold here. The Phillies aren’t going to score more than a run or two off of him, and the Twins are going to get the job done here. Back the Twins on the money line to cash here. This is one of my favorite plays on the board.