Pittsburgh Pirates (52-63) vs Cincinnati Reds (60-57)
Game Info: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 7:05 pm (PNC Park)
() () vs Brandon Williamson (4-2) (4.54)
Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Pirates / Cincinnati Reds --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Cincinnati Reds and Pittsburgh Pirates face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at PNC Park. On Friday it was the Reds that were able to secure the 9-2 victory.
Reds Starting to Slump
The Reds struggled against the Marlins and the offense was a big issue. Over the last two games the Reds scored only six runs, and they lost each of the games by only a run. The Reds are really blowing their shot at a playoff spot, and they need to get an offense going here. On Friday the offense scored nine runs and they need to keep the offense up here. The Reds are averaging 4.82 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.06 runs per game. The offense is ranked 9th, but the pitching is ranked 26th. Spencer Steer has hit 18 home runs and driven in 64 RBIs. On the mound for the Reds will be Brandon Williamson who sits with a 4-2 record and an ERA of 4.54. In his last start against the Marlins he went 6.2 innings giving up three hits and one run.
Reds Betting Trends
- The Reds have won each of their last seven road games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Reds have covered the run line in each of their last nine Saturday road games against National League opponents.
- The Reds have led after 3 innings in each of their last five road games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Reds have led after 7 innings in each of their last seven night games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Reds have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
Pirates Continue to go through Growing Pains
The Pirates are continuing to go through growing pains, but they have shown some flashes that they are actually turning the corner. Against the Braves in the last series they were able to win two of the four games. On Thursday the Pirates scored seven runs on the way to the victory. The Pirates are averaging 4.19 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.87 runs per game. The offense and pitching are both ranked 24th.
Pirates Betting Trends
- The Pirates have won each of their last four games as home underdogs against the Reds following a home loss.
- The Pirates have covered the run line in 10 of their last 11 games as home underdogs against the Reds following a home loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three games between the Reds and Pirates at PNC Park.
- The Pirates have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five games at PNC Park against NL Central opponents that held a winning record.
- The Pirates have led after 7 innings in six of their last seven games as underdogs against National League opponents.
Reds vs Pirates Facts
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks 26th in the league for batting average this season (.236).
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks 25th in the league for runs scored this season (484).
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks T28th in the league for home runs allowed this season (165).
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks 27th in the league for walks allowed this season (434).
Shane’s Free Pick
Williamson looked really good in his last start and the Pirates are going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here. The Pirates are going to struggle to score only three runs total and that is going to be the difference as the Reds are going to get the job done here. Back the Reds on the money line.