Cardinals vs Royals Prediction - MLB Picks 8/12/23
Kansas City Royals (37-80) vs St. Louis Cardinals (51-65)
Game Info: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium)
Cole Ragans (3-3) (3.86) vs Steven Matz (3-7) (3.91)
Betting Odds: Kansas City Royals +138 / St. Louis Cardinals -150 --- Over/Under: 10 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Kansas City Royals and St. Louis Cardinals face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Kaufmann Stadium.
Royals Offense Has Confidence
The Royals offense has a ton of confidence heading into this game, especially with how they looked on Friday. The Royals offense scored nine runs in th4 first two innings and they need to get the offense going here. The Royals are averaging 3.88 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.28 runs per game. The offense is ranked 29th while the pitching is ranked 28th. Bobby Witt has hit 21 home runs and driven in 71 RBIs. On the mound for the Royals will be Cole Ragans who sits with a 3-3 record and an ERA of 3.86.
Royals Betting Trends
- The Royals have lost each of their last eight night games against the Cardinals following a win.
- The Royals have covered the run line in each of their last eight games following a home win.
- The Royals have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Royals' last five games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Royals have led after 3 innings in four of their last five games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
Matz has been Lights Out
On the mound for the Cardinals will be Steven Matz and he has been lights out heading into this game. In his last start against the Colorado Rockies he went six innings giving up five hits and one run. Over his last four starts he has given up only two runs total. The Cardinals are averaging 4.64 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.85 runs per game. The offense is ranked 13th while the pitching is ranked 23rd.
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Cardinals have lost each of their last four games as road favorites after playing the previous day.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in nine of their last 10 games against the Royals at Kauffman Stadium following a loss.
- The Cardinals have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as road favorites.
Royals vs Cardinals Facts
- The Kansas City Royals ranks T29th in the league for walks this season (289).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 28th in the league for runs scored this season (466).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks 29th in the league for hits allowed this season (1101).
- The St. Louis Cardinals are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both home runs and batting average this season.
Shane’s Free Pick
After so much offense on Friday, this could end up being the lowest scoring game. Matz has been lights out his last few starts and it’s going to be no different in this game. Ragans has also been good this season sitting with an ERA of 3.86. Both offenses are going to really struggle to score here and that is going to be the difference as this game is lower scoring. Back the under to cash here.