Brewers vs White Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 8/12/23
Chicago White Sox (47-69) vs Milwaukee Brewers (62-54)
Game Info: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 7:15 pm (Guaranteed Rate Field)
Jesse Scholtens (1-4) (3.06) vs Brandon Woodruff (1-1) (1.65)
Betting Odds: Chicago White Sox +147 / Milwaukee Brewers -160 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
Thie Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago White Sox face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Guaranteed Rate Field.
Woodruff Needs to be Great
On the mound for the Brewers will be Brandon Woodruff who sits with a 1-1 record and an ERA of 1.65. Woodruff is making his second start since April and in his last start he wasn’t awful. In his last start against the Pittsburgh Pirates he went five innings giving up four hits and two runs. He didn’t get any run support and led to the 4-1 defeat. The Brewers are averaging 4.28 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.28 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd in the league and Woodruff probably won’t get a whole lot of run support again here.
Brewers Betting Trends
- The Brewers have lost four of their last five games as favorites against American League opponents.
- The Brewers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six night games following a win.
What is Wrong With These White Sox?
This White Sox’s team has been a big disappointment this season but they were able to win two of three games against the New York Yankees in the last series. On Wednesday, the White Sox scored nine runs and that was enough to secure the win. Oscar Colas had a strong game hitting a home run. The White Sox’s offense and pitching are both ranked 25th. On the mound for the White Sox will be Jesse Scholtens who sits with a 1-4 record and an ERA of 3.06. In his last start against the Cleveland Guardians he went six innings giving up six hits and two runs.
White Sox Betting Trends
- The White Sox have lost each of their last seven games at Guaranteed Rate Field following an extra innings loss.
- The White Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last nine games as home underdogs against National League opponents following a loss.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in five of their last six games as underdogs.
- The White Sox have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
Brewers vs White Sox Facts
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (463).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks T3rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1106).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.380).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 4th in the league for walks this season (415).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. I expect Woodruff is going to be lights out here, and the WHite Sox are going to really struggle to get any tope of offense going here. The Brewers offense has been an issue heading into this game, and that is going to be the difference here as this game is lower scoring. There will only be three or four runs scored, and this game is going to stay under the total.