Padres vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 8/11/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (57-58) vs San Diego Padres (55-60)
Game Info: Friday, August 11, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Chase Field)
Ryne Nelson (6-6) (5.16) vs Blake Snell (8-8) (2.61)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks +142 / San Diego Padres -155 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Diego Padres and Arizona Diamondbacks face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Chase Field.
Padres Continue to be Awful
The Padres sit with a 55-60 record overall and they have lost four games in a row. Over the last two games against the Seattle Mariners, the offense only scored one run total. This offense is loaded with talent from top to bottom and only scoring one run is flat-out embarrassing. There needs to be some major changes this offseason for this team. The Padres are averaging 4.58 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.08 runs per game. The offense is ranked 14th while the pitching is ranked 6th. Juan Soto has hit 24 home runs and driven in 73 RBIs so far this season. There are three different players that have driven in 60 RBIs. On the mound for the Padres will be Blake Snell who sits with an 8-8 record and an ERA of 2.61.
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres have lost each of their last three games as favorites.
- The Padres have covered the run line six of their last seven games at Chase Field against teams that held a losing record.
- The Padres have trailed after 3 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Padres have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last three games as favorites against National League opponents.
- The Padres have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last three games as favorites against NL West opponents.
Diamondbacks have Fallen Off
Just a few weeks ago the Diamondbacks were one of the best teams in the National League, but they are really struggling heading into this game. The Diamondbacks faced off against the Dodgers on Wednesday and they were defeated 2-0. The Diamondbacks have lost eight games in a row and the offense has been a major issue heading into this game. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.66 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.84 runs per game. The offense is ranked 11th while the pitching is ranked 23rd.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have won each of their last seven games against NL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line each of their last seven Friday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 7 innings in each of their last seven Friday night games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last five games as underdogs.
Padres and Diamondbacks Facts
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts against this season (889).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 25th in the league for ERA this season (4.64).
- The San Diego Padres ranks 5th in the league for hits allowed this season (910).
- The San Diego Padres ranks 5th in the league for runs allowed this season (470).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Diamondbacks offense has been a major issue heading into this game and it’s going to be no different in this game. The Diamondbacks get to face off against Blake Snell and they are going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here. Snell is going to give up only a run or two total and this is going to be an easy victory for the Padres. Back the Padres on the run line to cash here.