Rangers vs Athletics Prediction - MLB Picks 8/8/23
Oakland Athletics (32-80) vs Texas Rangers (66-46)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)
JP Sears (2-8) (3.99) vs Max Scherzer (10-4) (4.04)
Betting Odds: Oakland Athletics +180 / Texas Rangers -238 --- Over/Under: 7 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Southwest Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Rangers and Oakland Athletics face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Oakland Coliseum. On Monday it was the Rangers that were able to secure the 5-3 victory.
Rangers Pitching Starts to Shine
The Rangers won six games in a row heading into Monday’s game and in five of the six games the pitching gave up three runs or less. On Sunday the Rangers pitching was dominant not giving up any runs on the way to the victory. The Rangers are averaging 5.79 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.29 runs per game. The offense is ranked 1st while the pitching is ranked 11th. On the mound for the Rangers will be Max Scherzer who sits with a 10-4 record and an ERA of 4.04.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won each of their last seven games.
- The Rangers have covered the run line in nine of their last 10 games against American League opponents.
- The Rangers have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five road night games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last three road games.
- The Rangers have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road favourites.
This A’s Team Stinks
This A’s team is awful but they were able to win the two games against the San Francisco Giants. On Sunday the A’s team scored eight runs and that was enough to win by two runs. The A’s are averaging 3.59 runs while their pitching is giving up 6.02 runs per game. The offense is ranked 30th while the pitching staff is ranked 30th. On the mound for the A’s is JP Sears who sits with a 2-8 record and an ERA of 4.07.
Athletics Betting Trends
- The Athletics have lost 13 of their last 14 games against AL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Athletics have covered the run line in each of their last seven Tuesday games as underdogs against the Rangers.
- The Athletics have led after 3 innings in five of their last seven games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Athletics' last seven Tuesday night games.
Rangers vs Athletics Facts
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for batting average this season (.223).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.362).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 1st in the league for RBI's this season (626).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 1st in the league for batting average this season (.272).
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be an easy victory for the Rangers. The Rangers offense is the best in baseball, and now they get to tee off on JP Sears here. Sears sits with an ERA of 4.07 and he’s going to raise that here. The Rangers are going to chase him early and they will score at least five or six runs off of him. This is going to be a blowout victory. Back the Rangers on the run line to get the job done.