Padres vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 8/8/23
Seattle Mariners (60-52) vs San Diego Padres (55-58)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 9:40 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Logan Gilbert (9-5) (3.86) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners -132 / San Diego Padres +105 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at T-Mobile Park.
Padres Continue to Disappoint
The Padres have been the most disappointing team in all of baseball and they are coming off another loss on Monday. The Padres offense scored seven runs but the pitching gave up 13 runs and that led to the defeat. Luis Campuasno did have a strong game finishing with four hits, two runs, and four RBIs. The Padres are averaging 4.64 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 12th while the pitching staff is ranked 4th. Juan Soto has hit 24 home runs and driven in 72 RBIs. On the mound for the Padres is Nick Martinez who sits with a 5-4 record and an ERA of 3.68.
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres have won each of their last 10 Tuesday road games against American League opponents.
- The Padres have covered the run line in each of their last seven games against AL West opponents.
- The Padres have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against AL West opponents.
- The Padres have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games against American League opponents.
- The Padres have led after 7 innings in each of their last seven games against AL West opponents.
On the other side of this matchup is the Mariners who have a ton of confidence heading into this game they have won five games in a row. In three of the four games against the Angels, the Mariners pitching was strong. On Saturday and Sunday the Mariners were able to win 3-2. The Mariners are averaging 4.56 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.14 runs per game. The offense is ranked 15th while the pitching is ranked 6th. Julio Rodriguez has hit 18 home runs and driven in 62 RBIs. On the mound for the Mariners will be Logan Gilbert who sits with a 9-5 record and an ERA of 3.86.
Mariners Betting Trends
- The Mariners have lost four of their last five games as home favourites after going to extra innings.
- The Mariners have failed to cover the run line in nine of their last 10 games as home favourites following a win.
- The Mariners have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three night games between the Padres and Mariners.
- The Mariners have led after 7 innings in each of their last six Tuesday games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
Mariners and Padres Facts
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 29th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1117).
- The Seattle Mariners are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and walks allowed this season.
- The San Diego Padres ranks T4th in the league for hits allowed this season (892).
- The San Diego Padres ranks 4th in the league for runs allowed this season (462).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Mariners have gotten good pitching heading into this game and it’s going to be no different with Gilbert. You know with Gilbert he’s going to six innings and give up two or three runs and that’s what will happen here. Martinez sits with an ERA of 3.68 and the Mariners bts are also going to be ice cold here. This game is going to be lower scoring and the under is going to cash with ease.