Rockies vs Brewers Prediction - MLB Picks 8/7/23
Milwaukee Brewers (60-53) vs Colorado Rockies (44-67)
Game Info: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 8:10 pm (American Family Field)
Freddy Peralta (7-8) (4.46) vs Peter Lambert (2-2) (5.07)
Betting Odds: Milwaukee Brewers -294 / Colorado Rockies +215 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Colorado Rockies and Milwaukee Brewers face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at American Family Field.
Rockies Offense is Struggling
The Rockies are 1-1 in their last two games but they have really struggled to score. The Rockies offense scored three runs total, and they need the offense to be good here. The Rockies are averaging 4.32 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.74 runs per game. The offense is ranked 22nd while the pitching is ranked 29th. Ryan McMahon hit 19 home runs and driving in 58 RBIs. On the mound for the Rockies is Peter Lambert who sits with a 2-2 record and an ERA of 5.07.
Rockies Betting Trends
- The Rockies have won nine of their last 10 games as underdogs against the Brewers following a win.
- The Rockies have covered the run line in 20 of their last 21 games as underdogs against the Brewers following a win.
- The Rockies have led after 5 innings in six of their last seven games as road underdogs.
- The Rockies have led after 3 innings in four of their last five games as road underdogs.
- The Rockies have led after 7 innings in five of their last six games as road underdogs against National League opponents.
Which Peralta will show up?
On the mound for the Brewers will be Freddy Peralta who sits with a 7-8 record and an ERA of 4.46. Three starts ago Peralta really struggled giving up six runs. Over his last two starts he has given up only three runs and they are going to need that Peralta to show up here. The Brewers currently sit with a 60-53 record overall and they won two of four games against the Pittsburgh Pirates. On Sunday though the offense only scored one run and that led to the three run defeat. The Brewers offense is ranked 23rd and it’s been good enough all season. They need to find a way to turn on the offense here.
Brewers Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won each of the last five games between the Rockies and Brewers.
- The Brewers have failed to cover the run line eight of their last nine games against NL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The Brewers have lost the first inning in each of their last three games as home favourites against NL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Brewers' last four games as home favourites against NL West opponents.
- The Brewers have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last 10 Monday games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
Rockies vs Brewers Facts
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for doubles this season (165).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for batting average this season (.233).
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.281).
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for hits allowed this season (1068).
Shane’s Free Pick
Peralta has been a bit inconsistent, but they are going to get the good Peralta here. The Brewers offense has also struggled all season and on Sunday they struggled again. The Brewers are going to struggle here against Peter Lambert who hasn’t been great, but he’s going to be good here. This game is going to be low scoring, and the under is going to cash here. This is one of my favorite plays on the board.