Rangers vs Athletics Prediction - MLB Picks 8/7/23
Oakland Athletics (32-80) vs Texas Rangers (66-46)
Game Info: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)
Ken Waldichuk (2-7) (6.52) vs Dane Dunning (9-4) (3.14)
Betting Odds: Oakland Athletics +190 / Texas Rangers -210 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Oakland Athletics and Texas Rangers face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at the Oakland Coliseum.
Rangers Smoking Hot
The Rangers have won six games in a row and in five of the six games the pitching gave up three runs or less. On Sunday the Rangers pitching was dominant not giving up any runs on the way to the victory. The Rangers are averaging 5.79 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.29 runs per game. The offense is ranked 1st while the pitching is ranked 11th. Adolis Garcia continues to crush the ball and he has hit 29 home runs and driven in 89 RBIs. On the mound for the Rangers will be Dane Dunning who sits with a 9-4 record and an ERA of 3.14.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The favourites have won each of the Rangers' last nine games.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line in nine of their last 10 night games against the Athletics following a home win.
- The Rangers have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five road games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The Rangers have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five road games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last four games as road favourites against American League opponents.
Waldichuk Shouldn’t be in the Rotation
Ken Waldichuk gets the start for the Oakland Athletics, and he has been awful this season. Waldichuk currently sits with a 2-7 record and an ERA of 6.52. In his last start against the Dodgers he went 3.2 innings giving up one hit and four earned runs. The A’s are averaging 3.59 runs while their pitching is giving up 6.02 runs per game. The offense is ranked 30th while the pitching staff is ranked 30th.
Athletics Betting Trends
- The Athletics have lost each of their last seven games against AL West opponents following a win.
- The Athletics have covered the run line in 10 of their last 11 night games against the Rangers at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum following a home win.
- The Athletics have led after 3 innings in four of their last six games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Athletics have led after 7 innings in three of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three games between the Rangers and Athletics at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.
Rangers and Athletics Facts
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for batting average this season (.223).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.363).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 1st in the league for batting average this season (.272).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 1st in the league for on-base percentage this season (.342).
Shane’s Free Pick
Waldichuk has been awful this season and in his last start he gave up four runs in 3.2 innings. The Rangers offense is ranked 1st in baseball and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. The A’s offense has been awful and they struggle to get going against Dane Dunning. This is going to be an easy victory for the Rangers. Back the Rangers -1.5 to cash here.