Los Angeles Angels (56-57) vs San Francisco Giants (61-51)
Game Info: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 9:38 pm (Angel Stadium of Anaheim)
Patrick Sandoval (6-8) (4.19) vs Logan Webb (9-9) (3.63)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Angels -105 / San Francisco Giants -120 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Bay Area Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Angels face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Angel Stadium.
Angels Wasted Trade Deadline
The Angels decided to not send Shohei Ohtani at the trade deadline, and it’s looking like a major mistake. It’s hard to imagine that the Angels are going to be able to keep him this offseason, and instead of getting something for him at the trade deadline, they decided to ride it out. It’s decisions like these that are going to continue to setback this team. The Angels have lost six games in a row including getting swept by the Seattle Mariners over the weekend. On Sunday the offense scored only two runs. The Angels offense is ranked 18th in baseball. On the mound for the Angels will be Patrick Sandoval who sits with a 6-8 record and an ERA of 4.11.
Angels Betting Trends
- The Angels have lost each of their last 11 games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The Angels have failed to cover the run line each of their last 11 night games against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Angels' last three games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The Angels have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Angels have lost the first inning in each of their last three games against NL West opponents.
Webb Continues to Find Success?
On the mound for the Giants will be Logan Webb who sits with a 9-9 record and an ERA of 3.45. In his last start against the Arizona Diamondbacks he went seven innings giving up four hits and two runs. The Giants are averaging 4.42 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.21 runs per game. The pitching staff is ranked 9th in the league, and they are going to lean on Webb to find success here.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have lost each of their last eight road games.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in each of their last eight road games following a road loss.
- The Giants have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as road favourites against American League opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last eight road games
Angels vs Giants Facts
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 27th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1049).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 27th in the league for walks allowed this season (423).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 3rd in the league for home runs allowed this season (117).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 28th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1054).
Shane’s Free Pick
This Angels team has checked out for the season, and they are going to suffer another loss here. Logan Webb was strong in his last start and the Angels offense has really struggled heading into this game. The Angels will score four runs or less, and that will be enough for San Francisco to get the job done. Back the Giants on the money line.