White Sox vs Guardians Prediction - MLB Picks 8/6/23
Cleveland Guardians (54-57) vs Chicago White Sox (44-68)
Game Info: Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 12:05 pm (Progressive Field)
Xzavion Curry (3-1) (2.90) vs Jesse Scholtens (1-4) (3.07)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Guardians -142 / Chicago White Sox +124 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Peacock Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago White Sox will play the Cleveland Guardians in Game 3 of their series on Sunday afternoon at Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland won the first game in this series on Friday by a score of 4-2, while Chicago won 7-4 on Saturday night. The White Sox snapped their losing streak with the win in Game 2, but they are still 14 games back in the AL Central.
White Sox Preview
The Chicago White Sox are 44-68 this season and they have lost five of their last six games. Prior to splitting the first two games in this series, Chicago lost all three of their games on the road against Texas. The White Sox have really struggled to hit the ball in recent games, scoring three runs or fewer in five of their last six games. The Chicago pitching staff has a 4.64 ERA, a 1.38 WHIP, and a .245 opponent batting average this year. The White Sox offense has scored 459 runs with a .237 batting average and a .295 on base percentage. Luis Robert is batting .270 with 30 home runs and 61 RBI’s for the White Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Chicago is Jesse Scholtens, who is 1-4 with a 3.07 ERA and a 1.23 WHIP over 44.0 innings pitched this season.
The Cleveland Guardians are 54-57 this season and they have lost six of their last eight games. Cleveland came into this series after getting swept by the Astros in three games. The Guardians have also struggled to score runs recently, as they have scored three runs or fewer in five of their last eight games. The Cleveland pitching staff has a 3.86 ERA, a 1.28 WHIP, and a .243 opponent batting average. The Guardians offense has scored 454 runs with a .251 batting average and a .314 on base percentage this season. Steven Kwan is batting .273 with five home runs and 38 RBI’s for the Guardians. The projected starting pitcher for Cleveland is Xzavion Curry, who is 3-1 with a 2.90 ERA and a 1.19 WHIP over 59.0 innings pitched this year.
Cleveland Guardians Team Facts
- The Guardians have won 10 of their last 11 home games following a loss.
- The Guardians have covered the run line in 11 of their last 12 games against the White Sox at Progressive Field following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last four day games between the White Sox and Guardians at Progressive Field.
Chicago White Sox Team Facts
- The White Sox have lost seven of their last eight road games against American League opponents.
- The White Sox have failed to cover the run line seven of their last eight day games against American League opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last four day games at Progressive Field.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
Cleveland Guardians Player Prop Facts
- Jose Ramirez has hit two home runs in each of the Guardians' last two day games against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- Jose Ramirez has recorded at least one RBI in each of the Guardians' last four games against AL Central opponents at Progressive Field.
- Andres Gimenez has recorded two or more total bases in each of the Guardians' last four games against the White Sox at Progressive Field.
- Jose Ramirez has scored at least one run in each of the Guardians' last five day games against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- Kole Calhoun has recorded two hits in three of his last four home appearances against the White Sox after playing the previous day.
Chicago White Sox Player Prop Facts
- Luis Robert has recorded two or more hits in four of his last five road appearances against the Guardians after playing the previous day.
- Luis Robert has hit at least one home run in seven of his last 20 appearances with the White Sox as underdogs against AL opponents.
- Eloy Jimenez has recorded at least one RBI in each of his last five Sunday appearances against AL Central teams that held a losing record.
- Luis Robert has recorded two or more total bases in each of his last four appearances against the Guardians after playing the previous day.
- Andrew Vaughn has scored a run in three of the White Sox's last four games at Progressive Field.
- Luis Robert ranks 7th amongst qualified players for Slugging Percentage (.557) this season.
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks T2nd in the league for home runs allowed this season (115).
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 3rd in the league for triples this season (22).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (435).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 4th in the league for strikeouts this season (1051).
The White Sox and Guardians have split the first two games in this series, but the bigger story of this series is the brawl that happened on Saturday night. Tim Anderson and Jose Ramirez started by throwing punches at second base before both teams and bullpens poured onto the field. There was a total of six ejections in the incident. The Guardians are fighting for the AL Central, but are falling further behind the Twins. Cleveland is starting Xzavion Curry, who has allowed two earned runs over 5.2 innings of work. Curry will be the opener in this game. Chicago is starting Jesse Scholtens, who has allowed three earned runs in his last 11.2 innings. Cleveland needs to get this win, but I think we are going to see another low scoring game. Take the under here.