Baltimore Orioles (69-42) vs New York Mets (50-60)
Game Info: Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 1:35 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Kyle Bradish (7-6) (3.32) vs Jose Quintana (0-2) (3.57)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -166 / New York Mets +140 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Mets will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 3 of their series on Sunday afternoon at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. Baltimore has won the first two games in this series by scores of 10-3 and 7-3. New York has really struggled in their last two series and they will try to avoid the sweep against one of the hottest teams in baseball here.
The New York Mets are 50-60 this season and they have lost five games in a row. Prior to this series, New York was swept on the road in Kansas City. The Mets have scored three runs or fewer in four straight games and they are 24-37 on the road this season. The New York pitching staff has a 4.43 ERA, a 1.37 WHIP, and a .250 opponent batting average this year. The Mets offense has scored 480 runs with a .237 batting average and a .316 on base percentage. Pete Alonso is batting .222 with 31 home runs and 77 RBI’s for the Mets. The projected starting pitcher for New York is Jose Quintana, who is 0-2 with a 3.57 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP over 17.2 innings pitched this season.
The Baltimore Orioles are 69-42 this season and they have won six of their last seven games. Baltimore has played very well recently and they have scored six runs or more in four of their last five games. Prior to this series, the Orioles won three out of four games on the road against the Blue Jays. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.08 ERA, a 1.28 WHIP, and a .246 opponent batting average. The Orioles offense has scored 552 runs with a .254 batting average and a .322 on base percentage this season. Anthony Santander is batting .257 with 20 home runs and 63 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Kyle Bradish, who is 7-6 with a 3.32 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP over 111 innings pitched this year.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won each of their last 10 Sunday day games.
- The Orioles have failed to cover the run line in each of their last four day games against National League opponents following a home win.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last seven day games.
New York Mets Team Facts
- The Mets have lost each of their last 13 games as underdogs following a road loss.
- The Mets have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 11 games as road underdogs following a road loss.
- The Mets have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four road day games.
- The Mets have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six road games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mets' last four day games against American League opponents.
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 6th in the league for runs scored this season (552).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 7th in the league for strikeouts this season (1012).
- The New York Mets ranks 27th in the league for hits this season (860).
- The New York Mets ranks 24th in the league for batting average this season (.237).
The Mets have not played well in their last five games, which may be a sign of things to come to close the season. New York was swept by the Royals in their last series and they have been blown out in the first two games of this series. New York is starting Jose Quintana, who has allowed seven earned runs in 17.2 innings pitched this year. Baltimore is starting Kyle Bradish, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in four of his last five starts. Bradish has been solid for the Orioles this year and the Mets have not shown much life recently. Take the Orioles -1.5 in this matchup.