Royals vs Phillies Prediction - MLB Picks 8/5/23
Philadelphia Phillies (59-50) vs Kansas City Royals (35-75)
Game Info: Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 6:05 pm (Citizens Bank Park)
Cristopher Sanchez (0-3) (2.66) vs Alec Marsh (0-5) (6.75)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Phillies -238 / Kansas City Royals +180 --- Over/Under: 10 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Midwest Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas City Royals and Philadelphia Phillies face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Citizens Bank Park. On Friday it was the Royals that were able to secure the 7-5 victory.
Are the Royals Showing Some Life?
It looks like the Royals might be showing some life, and maybe they can use this momentum into next season. The Royals are coming off back to back series wins over the Kansas City Royals and New York Mets. On Thursday the offense scored nine runs on the way to the victory. Bobby Witt Jr had a strong game finishing with three hits, two runs and two RBIs. The Royals are averaging 3.85 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.27 runs per game. The offense is ranked 29th while the pitching is ranked 28th. On the mound for the Royals will be Alec Marsh who sits with an 0-5 record and an ERA of 6.75.
Royals Betting Trends
- The Royals have won each of their last six games as underdogs.
- The Royals have covered the run line in each of their last six games as underdogs.
- The Royals have lost the first inning in each of their last five games against opponents that held a losing record at Citizens Bank Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Royals' last three games.
- The Royals have led after 7 innings in each of their last five games as underdogs against National League opponents.
Phillies Continue to Impress
The Phillies continue to impress and in the last series against the Miami Marlins they were able to win two of the three games. In the two wins the pitching only gave up three runs and in the loss the pitching gave up nine runs. The Phillies are averaging 4.49 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.37 runs per game. The offense and pitching are both ranked 15th in the league. On the mound for the Phillies is Christopher Sanchez and he sits with an 0-3 record and an ERA of 2.66. Over his last four starts he has given up only six runs total, but the Phillies have lost all foru starts. The way the team has failed to give him any run support is embarrassing.
Phillies Betting Trends
- The Phillies have won each of their last eight home games against AL Central opponents following a home loss.
- The Phillies have failed to cover the run line nine of their last 10 night games against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- The Phillies have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last five games as home favourites.
- The Phillies have won the first inning in each of their last three night games against the Royals at Citizens Bank Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three night games between the Royals and Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.
Royals and Phillies Facts
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 25th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1012).
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 7th in the league for doubles this season (203).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 29th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.297).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 28th in the league for RBI's this season (413).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Phillies haven’t given Sanchez a lot of run support, but that is going to change here. Marsh has been awful this season sitting with an ERA of 6.75 and he’s going to be lit in this game. The Phillies are going to score four or five runs off March and he’s going to be chased from this game earlier. The Royals are going to struggle to get any type of offense going against Sanchez. In Sanchez’s last fight he went five innings giving up zero runs, and he’s going to give up zero runs to the Royals here. Back the Phillies on the run line.