Pirates vs Brewers Prediction - MLB Picks 8/5/23
Milwaukee Brewers (59-51) vs Pittsburgh Pirates (48-60)
Game Info: Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 7:10 pm (American Family Field)
Corbin Burnes (9-6) (3.44) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Milwaukee Brewers / Pittsburgh Pirates --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Wisconsin Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Milwaukee Brewers face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at American Family Field. In the first game of this series it was the Brewers that were able to secure the 14-1 victory.
Another Down Year for Pirates
The Pirates are having another down season, and on Thursday the pitching had another awful game. The Pirates gave up 14 runs and that led to the 13 run defeat. Mitch Keller was awful going five innings giving up nine hits and eight runs. The Pirates are averaging 4.1 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.88 runs per game. The offense is ranked 24th while the pitching is ranked 23rd. In this game the Pirates are going to need better pitching here.
Pirates Betting Trends
- The Pirates have lost each of their last six night games at American Family Field following a win.
- The Pirates have failed to cover the run line in each of their last four road games following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Pirates' last three games.
Brewers Offense Hot
The Brewers offense has a ton of confidence heading into this game and on Thursday the offense scored 14 runs. Sal Frelick is often an afterthought on this team, but he was quite impressive on Thursday finishing with two hits, two runs, and five RBIs. He also hit one home run. Milwaukee is averaging 4.24 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.26 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd while the pitching is ranked 11th. Christian Yellich has hit 16 home runs and driven in 62 RBIs. On the mound for the Brewers will be Corbin Burnes who sits with a 9-6 record and an ERA of 3.44.
Brewers Betting Trends
- The Brewers have won each of their last eight night games against the Pirates at American Family Field following a home loss.
- The Brewers have covered the run line in four of their last five night games following a home loss.
Pirates and Brewers Facts
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for doubles this season (163).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for batting average this season (.234).
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks T6th in the league for triples this season (20).
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks T25th in the league for hits this season (854).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Brewers offense has a ton of confidence heading into this game and the Pirates offense is going to really struggle to get going here. Burnes sits with an ERA of 3.44 and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Brewers are going to have little issues getting the job done in this game. Back the Brewers on the run line to cash here because of a big start by Burnes. This is one my favorite plays on the board.