Diamondbacks vs Twins Prediction - MLB Picks 8/5/23
Minnesota Twins (56-54) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (57-53)
Game Info: Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Target Field)
Kenta Maeda (2-6) (4.53) vs Ryne Nelson (6-5) (4.84)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -167 / Arizona Diamondbacks +130 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Diamondbacks and Minnesota Twins face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Target Field. On Friday it was the Twins that were able to secure the 3-2 victory.
Maeda Continues to Impress
The Twins sit with a 57-54 record overal and it was the pitching that was the difference on Friday. l On the mound for the Twins will be Kenta Maeda who overall sits with a 2-6 record and an ERA of 4.53, but the stats are a bit deceiving. Over his last three starts he has gone 17.2 innings and given up five runs total. He has given up a home run in each of his last three starts. In this game I expect he’s going to have another good start, and he won’t give up more than one home run. The Twins are averaging 4.37 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.07 runs per game. The offense is ranked 19th while the pitching is ranked 3rd. Byron Buxton is banged up again and it’s unclear if he’s going to be able to go in this game.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have won each of their last eight Saturday night games against National League opponents.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as favourites following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Twins' last five games.
- The Twins have led after 7 innings in each of their last five home night games.
- The Twins have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as favourites.
Diamondbacks Starting to Slump
The Diamondbacks are coming off a series against the San Franciso Giants and they lost three of the four games. Over the last three games against the Giants the Diamondbacks scored only five runs total. On Thursday the Diamondbacks couldn’t even score one run. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.78 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.82 runs per game. The offense is ranked 10th while the pitching is ranked 22nd. Christian Walker has hit 22 home runs and driven in 68 RBIs. On the mound for the Diamondbacks will be Ryne Nelson who sits with a 6-5 record and an ERA of 4.84.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost each of their last six games at Target Field.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in each of their last 10 games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents following a loss.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five road games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs against AL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last five Saturday games.
Twins and Diamondbacks Facts
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 3rd in the league for walks allowed this season (300).
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 3rd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.233).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and batting average this season.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 4th in the league for strikeouts against this season (861).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Twins are going to have no issue getting the job done in this game. Maeda has been pitching well heading into this game and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Twins offense is also going to find success scoring against Nelson and that will be enough for the home team to secure the victory. Back the Twins on the money line to cash here.