Chicago Cubs (55-53) vs Atlanta Braves (69-37)
Game Info: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 2:20 pm (Wrigley Field)
Kyle Hendricks (4-5) (3.61) vs Max Fried (2-1) (2.08)
Betting Odds: Chicago Cubs +175 / Atlanta Braves -208 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Marquee Sports Network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Braves and Chicago Cubs face off on Friday afternoon in an MLB showdown at Wrigley Field.
Dansby Swanson Faces Former Team
All eyes are going to be on Dansby Swanson who is going to be facing his former team for the first team. Over Swanson’s last 10 at-bats he has had three hits and six RBIs. He has hit 16 home runs and driven in 51 RBIs. The Cubs on the season are averaging 5.14 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.43 runs per game. The offense is ranked 5th while the pitching is ranked 16th. Christopher Morel is having a strong season hitting 17 home runs and driving in 53 RBIs. On the mound for the Cubs will be Kyle Hendricks who sits with a 4-5 record and an ERA of 3.49.
Cubs Betting Trends
- The Cubs have won seven of their last eight games as underdogs after playing the previous day.
- The Cubs have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cubs' last six games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Cubs have led after 7 innings in five of their last six games as underdogs against National League opponents.
Braves Continue to Dominate
The Braves come into this game with a 69-37 record overall and they once again continue to dominate games. On Wednesday the Braves offense was strong scoring 12 runs and hitting three home runs. Ronald Acuna Jr had another strong game finishing with three hits, four runs, and three RBIs. The Braves are averaging 5.67 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.43 runs per game. On the mound for the Braves will be Mx Fried who sits with a 2-1 record and an ERA of 2.08. This will be his first appearance since May 5th.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have won each of their last 10 games against National League opponents following a home win.
- The Braves have covered the run line in each of their last 10 games as favourites against National League opponents following a home win.
- The Braves have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games against NL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Braves' last five Friday day games at Wrigley Field.
- The Braves have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Friday games.
Rays vs Braves Facts
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 4th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.335).
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 5th in the league for RBI's this season (538).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.270).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 2nd in the league for on-base percentage this season (.339).
Shane’s Free Pick
Max Fried might be making his first start since May 5th, but he’s still going to have no issue locking down. Before getting hurt he sat with an ERA of 2.08. Hendricks has been decent, but when he blows up, he really blows up, and with an elite Braves offense, he’s going to really blow up. The Braves are going to score seven or eight runs, and they will win this game with ease. Back the Braves -1.5.