New York Yankees (56-52) vs Houston Astros (62-47)
Game Info: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Yankee Stadium)
Luis Severino (2-5) (7.49) vs Hunter Brown (7-7) (4.12)
Betting Odds: New York Yankees +115 / Houston Astros -147 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: YES Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Astros and New York Yankees face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Yankee Stadium. On Thursday it was the Yankees that were able to secure the 4-3 victory.
Yankees Need a Series Win Here
The Yankees sit with a 57-52 record overall and they need to make a statement here by winning the series. On Thursday they scored three runs in the first inning and then held on as they were able to secure the win. The Yankees are averaging 4.32 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.25 runs per game. The offense is ranked 21st while the pitching is ranked 10th. On the mound for the Yankees will Luis Severino who sits with a 2-5 record and an ERA of 7.49. In his last start against the Orioles he went 3.1 innings giving up 10 hits and nine runs.
Yankees Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won each of the last three games between the Astros and Yankees.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 13 Friday games at Yankee Stadium.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last seven Friday games against AL West opponents.
Astros Look to Bounce Back
The Astros are looking to bounce back here after the offense wasn’t good enough on Thursday. Martin Maldonado was the top player for the Astros finishing with three hits and one RBI. The Astros are averaging 4.38 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.18 runs per game. The offense is ranked 11th while the pitching is ranked 8th. In this game the Astros need to find a way to get the offense going. There is no reason the Astros shouldn’t score at least six or seven runs here. On the mound for the Astros will be Hunter Brown who sits with a 7-7 record and an ERA of 4.12.
Astros Betting Trends
- The Astros have won each of their last six games following a road loss.
- The Astros have covered the run line in each of their last nine Friday night road games.
- The Astros have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last five games as favourites against AL East opponents.
- The Astros have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as road favourites against AL East opponents.
Yankees and Astros Facts
- The New York Yankees ranks T29th in the league for doubles this season (144).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for batting average this season (.230).
- The Houston Astros ranks 5th in the league for strikeouts this season (1005).
- The Houston Astros ranks T25th in the league for triples this season (9).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Astros lost the first game, but they are going to bounce back here. Severino gave up nine runs in his last start and he’s going to really struggle again here. The Astros are averaging 4.38 runs and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. This will be an easy victory for the Astros. Back the Astros on the money line to cash.