Kansas City Royals (32-75) vs New York Mets (50-55)
Game Info: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 8:10 pm (Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium)
Cole Ragans (2-3) (5.22) vs Kodai Senga (7-5) (3.17)
Betting Odds: Kansas City Royals +180 / New York Mets -244 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SNY Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Mets and Kansas City Royals face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Kaufmann Stadium. On Tuesday it took extra innings, but the Royals were able to secure the 7-6 victory.
Mets Big Sellers
The Mets were big sellers at the trade deadlines and that included Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer, their two stud pitchers. It’s clear after spending so much money this offseason and how much of a disappointment it was, they were trying to get something for their future, but it doesn’t take away from how bad of a season it has been. Steve Cohen just tried to throw as much money as possible at the team, and it hasn’t worked. On Tuesday it looked like a team that is checked out after they blew the game in extra innings. The Mets are averaging 4.44 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.53 runs per game. Kodai Senga will get the start for the Mets and he sits with a 7-5 record and an ERA of 3.17.
Mets Betting Trends
- The Mets have lost four of their last five games as favourites against American League opponents following a road loss.
- The Mets have failed to cover the run line each of their last six road games against American League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Mets have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last six games as road favourites against American League opponents.
- The Mets have lost the first inning in four of their last six games as road favourites against American League opponents.
Royals Starting Pitching Stinks
The Royals starting pitching hasn’t given them much of a chance this season, and Alec Marsh hasn’t been any different. Coming into this game he sits with an 0-5 record and an ERA of 7.04. In his last start against the Cleveland Guardians he went 2.2 innings giving up five hits and four runs. The Royals are averaging 3.76 runs while their pitching is 5.35 runs per game. The offense is ranked 29th while the pitching is ranked 28th.
Royals Betting Trends
- The Royals have won each of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The Royals have covered the run line in eight of their last nine games at Kauffman Stadium.
- The Royals have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three night games between the Mets and Royals.
- The Royals have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as home underdogs.
Mets vs Royals Facts
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 29th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.295).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks T29th in the league for walks this season (267).
- The New York Mets ranks 26th in the league for hits this season (835).
- The New York Mets ranks 24th in the league for walks allowed this season (388).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Mets are bad, but the good news is they are still a whole lot better than the Royals. Marsh sits with an ERA of 7.04 and he’s going to be lit up in this game again. In his last start he gave up four runs, and it’s going to get even worse here for him. The Mets are going to score eight or nine runs total and that is going to be the difference as New York is going to get the job done. Back the Mets -1.5 to cash here.