White Sox vs Rangers Prediction - MLB Picks 8/1/23
Texas Rangers (60-46) vs Chicago White Sox (43-64)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 8:05 pm (Globe Life Field)
Jon Gray (6-5) (3.66) vs
Betting Odds: Texas Rangers / Chicago White Sox --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Chicago White Sox and Texas Rangers face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Globe Life Field.
White Sox Continue to be Inconsistent
The White Sox sit with a 43-65 record and all season they have been very inconsistent. In the last series against the Cleveland Guardians the White Sox had a series split and on Sunday the offense couldn’t get anything going. The White Sox are averaging 4.17 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.94 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd while the pitching is ranked 25th. If the White Sox want to find success here, they are going to need the offense to find success here. On the mound for the White Sox will be Jesse Scholens who sits with a 1-3 record and an ERA of 3.32.
White Sox Betting Trends
- The White Sox have won 10 of their last 11 night games against AL West opponents following a home loss.
- The White Sox have covered the run line in each of their last four games against AL West opponents following a home loss.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in four of their last five games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
- The White Sox have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last six games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
Rangers Offense Slumping
The Rangers offense is the top in baseball, but they really struggled over the weekend to score. Against the Padres the Rangers offense only managed four runs total. This an elite offense, but if they want to get back on the right track, they are going to need the offense to turn it around. The Rangers are averaging 5.8 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.38 runs per game. The Rangers offense is ranked 1st. On the mound for the Rangers will be Andrew Heaney who sits with a 7-6 record and an ERA of 4.62.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won seven of their last eight home games against the White Sox following a loss.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line each of their last four games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Rangers have trailed after 5 innings in six of their last eight games as home favourites against AL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last three games at Globe Life Field.
- The Rangers have trailed after 3 innings in six of their last eight games as favourites against AL Central opponents.
White Sox vs Rangers Facts
- The Texas Rangers ranks 1st in the league for batting average this season (.272).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 1st in the league for on-base percentage this season (.342).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (417).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1014).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Rangers offense struggled to score over the weekend and it’s not going to get any easier against Schloens. He currently sits with an ERA of 3.32 and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The White Sox’s offense is also coming off a game where they struggled and they are going to really struggle again in this game. This game is going to be lower scoring and the under is going to cash here.