New York Yankees (55-51) vs Tampa Bay Rays (65-44)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Yankee Stadium)
Carlos Rodon (1-3) (5.75) vs Zach Eflin (11-6) (3.64)
Betting Odds: New York Yankees -110 / Tampa Bay Rays -110 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: TBS Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tampa Bay Rays will play the New York Yankees in Game 2 of their series on Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium in New York. Tampa Bay won the first game in this series by a score of 5-1 on Monday night. The Yankees have Aaron Judge back in the lineup, but they are striking out at an alarming rate in their last couple of games.
The Tampa Bay Rays are 65-44 this season and they have won three of their last four games. Tampa Bay came into this series after winning two out of three games on the road in Houston. The Rays have struggled over the last month or two and are now trailing the Orioles for first place in the AL East. The Tampa Bay pitching staff has a 3.78 ERA, a 1.19 WHIP, and a .227 opponent batting average this year. The Rays offense has scored 566 runs with a .255 batting average and a .327 on base percentage. Randy Arozarena is batting .257 with 17 home runs and 62 RBI’s for the Rays. The projected starting pitcher for Tampa Bay is Zach Eflin, who is 11-6 with a 3.64 ERA and a 1.02 WHIP over 116.1 innings pitched this season.
The New York Yankees are 55-51 this season and they have lost four of their last six games. Prior to losing the first game in this series, New York lost two out of three games on the road against Baltimore. The Yankees have struggled offensively for most of the season, but the strikeout numbers for their lineup have been crazy in the last few games. The New York pitching staff has a 3.92 ERA, a 1.24 WHIP, and a .233 opponent batting average. The Yankees offense has scored 458 runs with a .230 batting average and a .302 on base percentage this season. Anthony Rizzo is batting .244 with 12 home runs and 41 RBI’s for the Yankees. The projected starting pitcher for New York is Carlos Rodon, who is 1-3 with a 5.75 ERA and a 1.38 WHIP over 20.1 innings pitched this year.
New York Yankees Team Facts
- The Yankees have won each of their last six Tuesday night games as underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six night games against the Rays at Yankee Stadium following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last four games as underdogs.
Tampa Bay Rays Team Facts
- The Rays have lost each of their last five Tuesday night games as road favourites against American League opponents.
- The Rays have covered the run line in each of their last six night games at Yankee Stadium following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last four games as road favourites against American League opponents.
Tampa Bay Rays Player Prop Facts
- Wander Franco ranks T4th in the league in Steals (29) this season.
- The New York Yankees ranks 2nd in the league for hits allowed this season (828).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for hits this season (797).
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 2nd in the league for steals this season (121).
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (427).
The Rays were able to get a nice win in Game 1 in this series and they are starting to build up some much needed momentum. New York has struggled recently, but they are playing at home, where they play their best baseball. Tampa Bay is starting Zach Eflin, who has allowed 10 earned runs in his last three starts (14 IP). New York is starting Carlos Rodon, who has allowed 1, 6, 4, and 2 earned runs in his last four starts. Rodon has pitched well in his last two starts at home, while Eflin has looked shaky in two of his last three outings. I like the Yankees to bounce back with a win here.