Atlanta Braves (67-36) vs Los Angeles Angels (55-51)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:20 pm (Truist Park)
Spencer Strider (11-3) (3.73) vs Patrick Sandoval (6-7) (4.22)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Braves -278 / Los Angeles Angels +200 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports South Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Angels and Atlanta Braves face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Truist Park.
Angels Key Series
This is a key series for the Angels and it’s one that they really need to win. Against the Toronto Blue Jays over the weekend the Angels only scored five runs total and they lost two of the three games. This is a talented offense, but if that’s the way the offense continues to perform, this is going to be a bad end of the season for the Angels. The Angels are averaging 4.99 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.78 runs per game. The offense is ranked 5th while the pitching is ranked 20th. Shohei Ohtani has hit 39 home runs and driven in 81 RBIs. On the mound for the Angels is Patrick Sandoval who sits with a 6-7 record and an ERA of 4.13.
Angels Betting Trends
- The Angels have won four of their last five games as underdogs following a win.
- The Angels have failed to cover the run line in six of their last seven road games against National League opponents.
- The Angels have won the first inning in each of their last three night games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Angels' last four games as underdogs against National League opponents.
Braves Best Team In Baseball?
The Braves faced off against the Milwaukee Brewers over the weekend and they were able to win all three games. The Braves have been impressive, especially with the offense over the weekend. Against the Brewers the Braves scored 29 runs total. The Braves are averaging 5.66 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.19 runs per game. The offense is ranked 2nd while the pitching is ranked 7th. Matt Olson has hit 35 home runs and driven in 88 RBIs so far this season. On the mound for the Braves is Spencer Strider who sits with an 11-3 record and an ERA of 3.73.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have lost each of their last three games as home favourites against American League opponents.
- The Braves have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as favourites against American League opponents following a home loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Braves' last four home games against AL West opponents.
- The Braves have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games against American League opponents.
- The Braves have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three Tuesday night games as favourites.
Angels and Braves Facts
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (564).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.269).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 4th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.333).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 27th in the league for steals this season (51).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Braves have been so impressive this season and it’s going to continue here. I don’t trust the Angels offense after what they did over the weekend and they are going to struggle against Strider. Strider has also gotten plenty of run support, and he’s going to get that again here. The Braves offense is going to have no issue running up the score and Atlanta is going to get the job done here. Back the Braves on the money line.