Colorado Rockies (40-63) vs Oakland Athletics (29-76)
Game Info: Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 3:10 pm (Coors Field)
Austin Gomber (8-8) (5.83) vs Luis Medina (3-7) (5.50)
Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies / Oakland Athletics --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: AT&T Sportnet - RM Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oakland Athletics and Colorado Rockies face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Coors Field. On Saturday it was the A’s that were able to secure the 11-3 victory.
Medina Pitching Better
The A’s sit with a 30-76 record overall but the offense was sure impressive on Saturday. Brent Rooker hit an absolute bomb and has been really enjoying his time in the thin air of Denver. On the mound for the A’s will be Luis Medina who sits with a 3-7 record and an ERA of 5.50. Over his last two starts though he has gone 10.2 innings giving up five hits and one run. Against Houston he faced off against a talented offense and he looked quite impressive. There hasn’t been many bright spots for the A’s, but he can be that. The A’s are averaging 3.58 runs while their pitching is giving up 6.07 runs per game. The offense and pitching are both ranked 30th in the league.
A's Betting Preview
- The Athletics have won seven of their last eight road games against NL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The Athletics have covered the run line eight of their last nine games against teams that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Athletics' last three road games.
- The Athletics have led after 3 innings in each of their last three day games.
- The Athletics have led after 5 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
Rockies offense underwhelming
On the other side of this matchup is the Rockies who have been nothing but a major disappointment so far this season. When you play at Coors Field for all your home games, you should have one of the top offenses in baseball, but that isn’t the case with the Rockies this season. The Rockies are averaging 4.38 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.77 runs per game. The offense is ranked 20th while the pitching is ranked 29th. It’s not a surprise the pitching is bad, but going forward they need to find a way to get the offense going here. Ryan McMahon has hit 16 home runs and driven in 48 RBIs.
Rockies Betting Preview
- The Red Sox have lost six of their last seven games as road favourites after playing the previous day.
- The Red Sox have failed to cover the run line each of their last six day games against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last five games as road favourites.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favourites against NL West opponents.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last three games as road favourites.
A's vs Rockies Facts
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.281).
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 29th in the league for ERA this season (5.54).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for batting average this season (.224).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.361).
Shanes Free Pick
Medina has been quite impressive in his last couple of starts and it’s going to be no different in this game. The Rockies offense hasn’t lived up to the expectations and even at Coors Field they are going to really struggle to score here. I also don’t trust the A’s offense and they are going to also really struggle to get any type of offense going. There will only be six or seven runs socred here, and the under is going to cash.