Los Angeles Dodgers (58-43) vs Cincinnati Reds (56-48)
Game Info: Friday, July 28, 2023 at 10:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Bobby Miller (6-1) (4.28) vs Brandon Williamson (2-2) (4.60)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -233 / Cincinnati Reds +175 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Dodgers will host the Cincinnati Reds for game one of their three-game set this Friday from Dodger Stadium.
Reds Betting Preview
Cincinnati moved to 56-48 after dropping two of three to Milwaukee. The Reds could not figure out the Brewers this month, and after dropping six of eight to them this month, they may surprisingly look forward to facing the Dodgers this weekend. The Cincinnati offense is scoring 3.78 runs per game, while batting .257, with a .334 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.96 ERA, with a 1.46 WHIP. Spencer Steer has multiple hits in three of the last five games, and he leads the team in hits (100), home runs (14), with 55 RBI. Jonathan India has recorded a hit in seven of his last nine games, and he leads the Reds in runs (68), with splits of .251/14/52. Jake Fraley has collected a hit in six of the last seven games, and he leads Cincy in RBI (59), with fourteen home runs.
Brandon Williamson (2-2, 4.60 ERA, 46 Ks) will get the call for Cincinnati. The rookie pitcher followed up his best outing of the season with another impressive effort, holding the DBacks to one run over six innings of work to earn the second win of his career. Williamson has returned strong from the break with good starts versus Arizona and San Francisco, and he’ll attempt to triple down on the NL West by holding his own against Los Angeles.
Cincinnati Reds Team Facts
- The Reds have won each of their last six games as road underdogs following a road loss.
- The Reds have failed to cover the run line in each of their last eight games against the Dodgers following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Reds' last four games as road underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The Reds have won the first inning in three of their last four games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The Reds have led after 5 innings in each of their last five night games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
Dodgers Betting Preview
Los Angeles moved to 58-43 after dropping two of three to Toronto. The Dodgers were outgunned by the Blue Jays in game three, and they’ll look to wake up at the plate Friday. The Los Angeles offense is scoring 5.04 runs per game, while batting .248, with a .330 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.50 ERA, with a 1.28 WHIP. Freddie Freeman has collected a hit in eight of the last nine games, and he leads the Dodgers in BA (.328) and hits (132), with 21 HR and 71 RBI. Mookie Betts brings a six-game hit streak into the series, and he leads the team in home runs (27), with 68 RBI. J.D. Martinez has produced a run in seven of the previous nine games, and he leads LAD in RBI (75), with 24 homers. Max Muncy has homered in four of the last seven contests, and he’s up to 25 home runs and 67 RBI for the season.
Bobby Miller (6-1, 4.28 ERA, 53 Ks) will make the start for Los Angeles. The rookie righty continues to thrive, and he performed well in Arlington last week, striking out six in six innings to earn his sixth victory. Miller managed to earn his second straight win, despite allowing four runs in 5.2 innings to Pittsburgh last time out. Miller has cooled off after a hot start to his MLB career, and he’s given up four runs or more in three of his last four outings.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won each of their last six home games against NL Central opponents following a loss.
- The Dodgers have failed to cover the run line each of their last eight Friday games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 3 innings in three of their last four games as favourites.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favourites.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as favourites.
Corey’s Free Pick
This battle of rookies could spell trouble for the visitors. Bobby Miller is thriving in the Dodgers system, and pitching confidently with the run support behind him. Brandon Williamson looks improved in two starts post break, but this will be one of the toughest lineups he’s faced this season, and the Dodgers may find ways to capitalize on that. After being outplayed by Toronto at home, LAD won’t let that occur this weekend. The Over brings a bit more security than the run line here, so let’s roll with that for this NL matchup.