St. Louis Cardinals (46-57) vs Chicago Cubs (50-51)
Game Info: Friday, July 28, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Busch Stadium)
Jordan Montgomery (6-8) (3.37) vs
Betting Odds: St. Louis Cardinals / Chicago Cubs --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Marquee Sports Network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Busch Stadium. On Thursday it was the Cubs that were able to secure the 10-3 victory.
Cubs Climbing the Standings
The Cubs have made quite the rise in the standings and this series against the Cardinals is key. On Thursday the offense was quite strong again scoring ten runs and that was enough for the seven run victory. The Cubs faced off against the Chicago White Sox in a two game series and they split the series. The cubs are averaging 4.91 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.44 runs per game. The offense is ranked 8th while the pitching is ranked 16th.
Cubs Betting Trends
- The Cubs have won each of their last six games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Cubs have covered the run line in each of their last five games.
- The Cubs have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cubs' last four night games at Busch Stadium.
- The Cubs have led after 5 innings in each of their last four road night games.
Jordan Montgomery looks to bounce back
Jordan Montgomery has been decent this season but he hasn’t had a ton of run support. He sits with a 6-8 record but a decent ERA of 3.37. After four good starts, Montgomery struggled in his last giving up six hits and seven runs to the Cubs. The Cardinals are averaging 4.79 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.97 runs per game. The offense is ranked 11th while the pitching is ranked 25th. Nolan Arenado has hit 22 home runs and driven in 77 RBIs.
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Cardinals have won each of their last seven Friday night home games against NL Central opponents.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in each of their last four night games following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three games between the Cubs and Cardinals.
Cubs and Cardinals Facts
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks 29th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.275).
- The St. Louis Cardinals are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both home runs and batting average this season.
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 6th in the league for home runs allowed this season (109).
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 25th in the league for doubles this season (155).
Shane’s Free Pick
Jordan Montgomery is going to bounce back here. Outside the last start he has pitched so well the last month, and the Cubs bats are going to be ice cold. It’s only going to take four or five runs for the Cardinals to get the job done, and that is going to be enough for them to get the job done. Back the Cardinals on the money line to cash. I do think they win by at least two runs and I am also throwing some money on the run line.