Cardinals vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 7/26/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (54-47) vs St. Louis Cardinals (45-56)
Game Info: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 3:40 pm (Chase Field)
Zac Gallen (11-4) (3.18) vs Jack Flaherty (7-6) (4.39)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks -150 / St. Louis Cardinals +138 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Midwest Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Diamondbacks and St. Louis Cardinals face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Chase Field. The two teams have split the first two games of this series.
Cardinals Bats Continue to Roll
The Cardinals haven’t had the best season in terms of wins and losses, but the offense sure has been impressive. In the first game of this season, the Cardinals were able to score ten runs, and there is no reason those bats shouldn’t continue the success here. Paul Goldschmidt has been on a tear this season, and on Monday he finished with two hits, two runs, and three RBIs. If Goldschmidt continues the hot bat, this team is going to win many games in the second half of the season. The Cardinals are averaging 4.77 runs per game which is 11th best in the MLB. on the mound for the Cardinals will be Jack Flaherty who sits with a 4-5 record and an ERA of 4.39. In his last start against the Chicago Cubs, he went six innings giving up eight hits and four runs.
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won five of the Cardinals' last six games.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in each of their last eight games as underdogs after playing the previous day.
- The Cardinals have won the first inning in each of their last three games as underdogs against the Diamondbacks at Chase Field.
- The Cardinals have led after 3 innings in each of their last three day games against NL West opponents.
- The Cardinals have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games at Chase Field against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
Diamondbacks are Slumping
The Diamondbacks are still one of the better teams in baseball, but for the last week they have struggled. The Diamondbacks lost two games against the Atlanta Braves and were swept over the weekend against the Cincinnati Reds. Even on Wednesday when they won, the offense only scored three runs. The starting pitching for this team has been an issue, and on Monday Ryne Nelson went six innings giving up eight hits and five runs. Against a strong Cardinals offense, the Diamondbacks are going to need better pitching here, or this is going to be a long game. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.79 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.89 runs per game. The offense has kept this team alive all season, and it’s going to have to be an X-factor here.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost each of their last four games as favourites against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine games as favourites after playing the previous day.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as home favourites.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last five games as favourites against NL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three day games between the Cardinals and Diamondbacks at Chase Field.
Cardinals and Diamondbacks Facts
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks T3rd in the league for steals this season (100).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts against this season (796).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks 28th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.273).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks T27th in the league for triples this season (8).
Shane’s Free Pick
This could be the highest scoring game of the entire day. The Cardinals bats are on fire heading into this game, and against a Diamondbacks pitching staff that struggled, and a bullpen that is tired, they are going to really struggle again here. The Diamondbacks offense however has also been strong and is averaging 4.79 runs per game. Flaherty in his last start gave up four runs, and he’s going to be awful again here with his pitching. This is game that could have 17 or 18 runs scored. This will be an easy over bet.