Boston Red Sox (54-47) vs Atlanta Braves (64-35)
Game Info: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Fenway Park)
Brayan Bello (7-6) (3.60) vs Spencer Strider (11-3) (3.78)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox +130 / Atlanta Braves -160 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Braves will play the Boston Red Sox in Game 2 of their series on Wednesday night at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. Boston got the win in Game 1 of this series on Tuesday by a score of 7-1 and they are playing some really solid baseball right now. Atlanta has one of the best records in baseball, but they have dropped six of their last nine games.
The Atlanta Braves are 64-35 this season and they have won three of their last five games. Prior to losing the first game in this series, Atlanta won two out of three games in Milwaukee. Despite some recent struggles in their last ten games, Atlanta is still in full control of the NL East. The Atlanta pitching staff has a 3.81 ERA, a 1.27 WHIP, and a .243 opponent batting average this year. The Braves offense has scored 551 runs with a .267 batting average and a .336 on base percentage. Ronald Acuna is batting .328 with 23 home runs and 58 RBI’s for the Braves. The projected starting pitcher for Atlanta is Spencer Strider, who is 11-3 with a 3.78 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP over 116.2 innings pitched this season.
Red Sox Preview
The Boston Red Sox are 54-47 this season and they have won five of their last eight games. Boston came into this series after winning two out of three games against the Mets. The Red Sox are 11-4 in their last 15 games and they are starting to tighten things up in the AL East. The Boston pitching staff has a 4.30 ERA, a 1.29 WHIP, and a .252 opponent batting average. The Red Sox offense has scored 511 runs with a .266 batting average and a .334 on base percentage this season. Rafael Devers is batting .267 with 24 home runs and 75 RBI’s for the Red Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Boston is Brayan Bello, who is 7-6 with a 3.60 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP over 90.0 innings pitched this year.
Boston Red Sox Team Facts
- The Red Sox have won 21 of their last 22 games following a home win.
- The Red Sox have covered the run line in each of their last eight night games following a home win.
- The Red Sox have won the first inning in each of their last five games as home underdogs.
- The Red Sox have led after 3 innings in each of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last six home games.
Atlanta Braves Team Facts
- The Braves have won each of their last six road games following a road loss.
- The favourites have covered the run line in seven of the Braves' last eight games at Fenway Park.
- The Braves have trailed after 7 innings in six of their last nine games as favourites.
Boston Red Sox Player Prop Facts
- Justin Turner has recorded at least one hit in each of the Red Sox's last 10 night games.
- Triston Casas has scored at least one run in each of his last seven appearances at Fenway Park.
- Triston Casas has hit at least one home run in four of the Red Sox's last seven games against NL opponents.
- Yu Chang has recorded at least one RBI in each of the Red Sox's last four home games against NL East opponents.
- Yu Chang has recorded at least one total base in each of his last eight appearances against NL opponents.
- Rafael Devers ranks T9th in the league in Home Runs (24) this season.
Atlanta Braves Player Prop Facts
- Travis d'Arnaud has recorded four or more total bases in each of his last four road appearances against opponents that held a winning record.
- Spencer Strider has recorded nine or more strikeouts in each of his last six appearances with the Braves as favourites.
- Michael Harris has recorded at least one hit in each of the Braves' last eight games as favourites.
- Ozzie Albies has scored at least one run in each of the Braves' last seven games as favourites against AL opponents.
- Austin Riley has hit at least one home run in four of the Braves' last five night games against opponents that held a winning record.
- Travis d'Arnaud has recorded at least one RBI in each of his last four road appearances against opponents that held a winning record.
- Spencer Strider ranks 1st in the league for total Strikeouts (189) this season.
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 3rd in the league for batting average this season (.266).
- The Boston Red Sox are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and on-base percentage this season.
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.267).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 2nd in the league for on-base percentage this season (.336).
Boston beat up on Atlanta on Tuesday night in Game 1, but they will be able to stay hot against one of the best pitchers in the NL? Atlanta is starting Spencer Strider, who has pitched well this year, but has allowed nine earned runs in his last two starts. Boston is starting Brayan Bello, who has allowed 6, 3, 2, 1, and 1 earned run in his last five starts. Bello has put together a really nice season and we should be in for a fantastic pitching matchup. I think we see a lower scoring game here and I am taking the under.