Blue Jays vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 7/26/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (57-42) vs Toronto Blue Jays (56-45)
Game Info: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 4:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Tony Gonsolin (5-3) (3.94) vs Yusei Kikuchi (7-3) (3.92)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -161 / Toronto Blue Jays +125 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Spectrum SportsNet Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Toronto Blue Jays and Los Angeles Dodgers face off on Wednesday afternoon in an MLB showdown at Dodger Stadium. On Tuesday it took a late comeback for the Dodgers to secure the victory.
George Springer Continues to Struggle
One of the issues when the Blue Jays have struggled this season has been key players going on long droughts. That has been the case the last week with George Springer. In Monday’s game, George Springer had six at bats, and failed to reach base once. The Blue Jays offense is averaging 4.49 runs which is 15th in the league. One of the bright spots for this team has been the pitching which has been 4th best all season in the league. Yusei Kikuchi has been one of those bright spots. On the season he sits with a 7-3 record and an ERA of 3.92. In his last start against the Seattle Mariners he went 5.1 innings giving up five hits and zero runs. On Tuesday the bullpen also really let them down. Justin Bruihl gave up two hits, three walks, and three earned runs. IF the Blue Jays want to win this game, they need to quickly forget about the blown game on Tuesday
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have won each of their last nine day games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in each of the Blue Jays' last seven games.
- The Blue Jays have led after 5 innings in seven of their last 10 games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Blue Jays have led after 7 innings in four of their last five games as underdogs.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four road day games.
Dodgers showing some holes?
The Dodgers have shown some holes and in the first game of this series, it was the bullpen that let them down. Phil Bickford pitched the 11th inning and gave up three runs and also gave up two walks. The Dodgers bullpen has an ERA of 4.08 which is the middle of the pack in the MLB. This game might come down to the bullpen, and they need to be better here. On Tuesday it was James Outman that hit a walk off home run. The Dodgers are averaging 5.56 runs per game which is second in baseball. J.D. Martinez is still dealing with hamstring tightness but he was able to play Tuesday and it looks like he will be able to go again here. On the mound for the Dodgers is Tony Gonsolin who sits with a 5-3 record and an ERA of 3.94. In four of Gonsolin’s last five starts, he has given up four runs.
Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Dodgers have won 10 of their last 11 day games after going to extra innings.
- The Dodgers have failed to cover the run line 10 of their last 11 games at Dodger Stadium against teams that held a winning record.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as favourites against American League opponents.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last six games as favourites against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last eight games as favourites against American League opponents.
Dodgers and Blue Jays Facts
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (549).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for runs scored this season (569).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts this season (967).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 6th in the league for batting average this season (.262).
Shane’s Free Pick
This is a great spot to take the Blue Jays to pick up another win in this series. Tony Gonsolin’s ERA is low, but he hasn’t been as dominant as of late. He keeps giving up four runs in his starts, and that isn’t going to be good enough here. Kikuchi gave up zero runs in his last start and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. Even if Springer struggles here, the Blue Jays are going to get enough production around him to find success. The Blue Jays will finish with six or seven runs, and another road victory.