Detroit Tigers (46-54) vs Los Angeles Angels (51-49)
Game Info: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 6:40 pm (Comerica Park)
Michael Lorenzen (5-6) (3.49) vs Patrick Sandoval (5-7) (4.26)
Betting Odds: Detroit Tigers +105 / Los Angeles Angels -135 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports West Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Angels and Detroit Tigers face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Comerica Park. The Angels were able to secure the 7-6 victory on Tuesday.
The Angels still are above .500, but the injuries have really taken a toll on this team. Mike Trout is still dealing with a wrist injury and it’s expected that he’s going to be out until September. This is a team that has Trout and Shohei Ohtani in their primes and it looks like this could be another year where they end up missing out on the playoffs. The Angels have gotten a little hotter as of late though, and they have back to back series wins against the New York Yankees and Pittsburgh Pirates. On Tuesday they scored seven runs and although the bullpen almost blew it late, they won in extra innings. The Angels are averaging 5.0 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.82 runs per game. The offense is ranked 6th, and they are going to need to continue the successful scoring if they want to win this game. On the mound for the Angels will be Patrick Sandoval who sits with a 5-7 record and an ERA of 4.16. In his last start against the Yankees he went 7.1 innings giving up two hits and one runs.
Angels Betting Trends
- The Angels have lost four of their last five games as favourites against AL Central opponents following a road win.
- The Angels have failed to cover the run line in each of their last four games as favourites against American League opponents.
- The Angels have led after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against the Tigers.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Angels' last five games against AL Central opponents.
- The Angels have won the first inning in each of their last three night games against the Tigers.
Tigers Turning a Corner?
Heading into Tuesday’s game the Detroit Tigers had won two games in a row and the pitching had given up only two runs total in those two games. On Monday, Tarik Skubal had a strong start going five innings and giving up two hits and zero runs. The Tigers are averaging 3.91 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.74 runs per game. The offense is ranked 28th while the pitching staff is ranked 20th. Javier Baez signed a big contract but he has been nothing but a big disappointment. He has only hit seven home runs this season. On the mound for the Tigers will be Michael Lorenzen who sits a 5-6 record and an ERA of 3.49 In his last start against the Royals he went seven innings giving up three hits and zero runs.
Tigers Betting Trends
- The Tigers have won seven of their last eight games as underdogs against American League opponents following a home loss.
- The Tigers have covered the run line in eight of their last nine games against American League opponents following a home loss.
- The Tigers have led after 7 innings in four of their last five games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Tigers' last three games.
- The Tigers have led after 3 innings in four of their last five games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
Angels and Tigers Facts
- The Detroit Tigers ranks 28th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.299).
- The Detroit Tigers ranks T28th in the league for steals this season (46).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 27th in the league for steals this season (50).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 5th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.333).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a pitchers duel. Sandoval is coming off a start where he gave up only one run and he’s going to lockdown in this game. The Tigers offense is averaging 3.91 runs per game and they aren’t going to even reach that number here. Lorezen is coming off a start where he gave up three hits and zero runs, and he’s also going to lockdown again in this game. This game is going to finish with only two or three runs by each team, and that will lead to this game staying under the total.