Royals vs Guardians Prediction - MLB Picks 7/25/23
Cleveland Guardians (49-50) vs Kansas City Royals (28-73)
Game Info: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Progressive Field)
Aaron Civale (3-2) (2.71) vs Zack Greinke (1-10) (5.40)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Guardians -182 / Kansas City Royals +140 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Great Lakes Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas City Royals and Cleveland Guardians face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Progressive Field. On Monday it was the Royals that were able to secure the 5-2 victory.
The Royals sit with a 29-73 record overall and they had lost five games in a row before winning on Monday. Salvador Perez was good hitting one home run and driving in two RBIs. The Royals are averaging 3.72 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.35 runs per game. The pitching has been awful all season, and he is going to need to be better here. On the mound for the Royals will be Zack Greinke who sits with a 1-10 record and an ERA of 5.40. It has been nothing but a disappointing season and there have to be some questions about how many starts he has left.
The Guardians sit with a 49-51 record overall and they have had issues since the All-Star Break. On Monday they gave up two runs in the second inning and they couldn’t bounce back. The Guardians are averaging 4.15 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.18 runs per game. One issue for this team, is they are dealing with some injuries to their starting pitcher. On the mound for the Guardians will be Aaron Civale who sits with a 3-2 record and an ERA of 2.71. In his last start against Pittsburgh he went 5.1 innings giving up five hits and two runs.
Royals Betting Trends
- The Royals have lost each of their last 11 night games following a win.
- The Royals have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games against American League opponents following a road win.
- The Royals have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against American League opponents that held a losing record.
Guardians Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won four of the Guardians' last five games at Progressive Field.
- The Guardians have covered the run line in seven of their last eight home games following a loss.
- The Guardians have led after 5 innings in each of their last six Tuesday night games against the Royals at Progressive Field.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Guardians might have lost on Monday, but on Tuesday it’s going to be a different story. Civale has been good this season sitting with an ERA of 2.71. Greinke has been awful and he currently sits with an ERA of 5.40. The Guardians are going to have no issue running up the score against Greinke and this is going to be a blowout victory for Cleveland. Back the Guardians -1.5 to cash here.