Minnesota Twins (53-48) vs Seattle Mariners (50-49)
Game Info: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 7:40 pm (Target Field)
Pablo Lopez (5-6) (4.22) vs George Kirby (9-8) (3.23)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -135 / Seattle Mariners +110 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Seattle Mariners and Minnesota Twins face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Target Field. On Monday it took extra innings, but it was the Twins that were able to secure the 4-3 victory.
The Mariners come into this game with a 50-50 record overall and on Monday they had a disappointing loss. They were down to their last strike when they ended up hitting a two run home run and taking the lead. They gave up a run in the bottom of the 9th though, and ended up losing in extra innings. The Mariners are averaging 4.48 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.19 runs per game. The offense is ranked 17th while the pitching is ranked 8th. On the mound for the Mariners will be George Kirby who sits with a 9-8 record and an ERA of 3.23. In his last start he went seven innings giving up four hits and zero runs.
The Twins come into this game with a 54-48 record overall and they have been the best team in baseball since the All-Star Break. Each of the last two games have been wins in extra innings. The Twins are averaging 4.35 runs while their pitching is giving up 3.92 runs per game. On Monday it was Carlos Correa that hit the walk off. On the mound for the Twins will be Pablo Lopez who sits with a 5-6 record and an ERA of 4.22. In his last start against the Mariners he went five innings giving up six hits and two runs.
Mariners Betting Trends
- The Mariners have won five of their last six games as road underdogs against the Twins following a road loss.
- The Mariners have covered the run line in nine of their last 10 night games following a road loss.
- The Mariners have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against American League opponents.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have won each of their last seven home games following an extra innings win.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in nine of their last 10 night games at Target Field following a win.
- The Twins have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four Tuesday night games as home favourites.
- The Twins have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as home favourites.
Shane’s Free Pick
It took extra innings and there was still only seven runs scored on Monday. Lopez gave up only two runs in his last start and he’s going to slow down the Mariners. Kirby sits with an ERA of 3.23 and he’s going to also lockdown here. There isn’t a good play on the side, but this game is going to stay well under the total.