Cardinals vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 7/25/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (54-46) vs St. Louis Cardinals (44-56)
Game Info: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Chase Field)
Zac Gallen (11-4) (3.18) vs Steven Matz (1-7) (4.67)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks / St. Louis Cardinals --- Over/Under: 11 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Midwest Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The St. Louis Cardinals and Arizona Diamondbacks face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Chase Field. On Monday it was the Cardinals that were able to secure the 10-6 victory.
The Cardinals sit with a 45-56 record overall and on Monday the Cardinals scored five runs in the 9th inning to secure the victory. The Cardinals were struggling a bit heading into Monday including getting swept by the Chicago Cubs and that was a nice comeback. The Cardinals are averaging 4.72 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.96 runs per game. The offense is ranked 11th while the defense is ranked 26th. Nolan ArenOn the mound for the Cardinals will be Steven Matz who sits with a 1-7 record and an ERA of 4.67. In his last start against the Cubs he went five innings giving up three hits and one run.
The Diamondbacks come into this game with a 54-47 record overall and they have lost five games in a row. This is a team that has had a lot of success this season, but they need to stop this losing streak. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.95 runs while their pitching this giving up 4.84 runs per game. The offense is ranked 7th while the pitching is ranked 22nd in the league. Christian Walker has hit 20 home runs and driven in 63 RBIs. Lourdes Gurriel has hit 15 home runs and driven in 56 RBIs.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost each of their last four games as favourites against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have failed to cover the run line in nine of their last 10 games after playing the previous day.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as home favourites.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last seven night games between the Cardinals and Diamondbacks.
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Cardinals have won four of their last five games as underdogs.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in each of their last 10 games as underdogs following a win.
- The Cardinals have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as road underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cardinals' last five night games at Chase Field.
Shane’s Free Pick
Matz has had issues this season but in his last start against the Cubs he looked good giving up only one run. The Diamondbacks bats are going to struggle again here, and that is going to be the difference here. Look for the Cardinals to get to six or seven runs here, and that will be enough to get the job done. This is one of my favorite plays on the board.