Boston Red Sox (53-47) vs Atlanta Braves (64-34)
Game Info: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Fenway Park)
vs Charlie Morton (10-7) (3.36)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox / Atlanta Braves --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NESN Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Fenway Park.
The Braves sit with a 64-34 record overall and over the weekend against the Milwaukee Brewers they were able to win two of three. On Sunday, the Braves were able to secure the 4-2 victory. Travis d’Arnaud finished with two hits, and one of those was a home run. The Braves are averaging 5.16 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.11 runs per game. On the mound for the Braves is Charlie Morton who sits with a 10-7 record and an ERA of 3.36. In his last against the Arizona Diamondbacks, he went 5.2 innings giving up six hits and four runs. The Braves are going to need Morton to bounce back in this start.
On the other side of this matchup is the Red Sox who sit with a 53-47 record overall and they won two of three over the weekend against the New York Mets. On Sunday the pitching only gave up a run and that was enough to secure the five run victory. Adam Duvall had a strong game finishing with two hits and two runs. The Red Sox are averaging 5.04 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.63 runs per game. The offense is ranked 5th in the league while the pitching is ranked 19th. Rafael Devers has hit 24 home runs and driven in 74 RBIs.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have won seven of their last eight road games against the Red Sox.
- The Braves have covered the run line in seven of their last eight road games against the Red Sox.
- The Braves have led after 3 innings in each of their last five Tuesday night games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.267).
Red Sox Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have failed to cover the run line each of their last 13 games at Fenway Park against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The Red Sox have led after 3 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last five games at Fenway Park.
Shane’s Free Pick
Morton is coming off a start where he wasn’t lights out, but he has been good overall sitting with an ERA of 3.36. The Braves also have one of the best offenses in baseball and they should give him some run support here and that is going to be the difference here. Back the Braves on the money line to cash.