Orioles vs Phillies Prediction - MLB Picks 7/24/23
Philadelphia Phillies (53-46) vs Baltimore Orioles (61-38)
Game Info: Monday, July 24, 2023 at 6:40 pm (Citizens Bank Park)
Cristopher Sanchez (0-3) (3.06) vs Dean Kremer (10-4) (4.80)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Phillies -130 / Baltimore Orioles +110 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Baltimore Orioles will play the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 1 of their series on Monday night at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Baltimore comes into this series leading the AL East by a slim margin over Tampa Bay, while Philadelphia is in second place in the NL East behind the Braves.
The Baltimore Orioles are 61-38 this season and they have won four of their last five games. Baltimore is coming off of a series win against Tampa Bay, where they won three out of the four games on the road. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.19 ERA, a 1.30 WHIP, and a .250 opponent batting average this year. The Orioles offense has scored 488 runs with a .251 batting average and a .320 on base percentage. Gunnar Henderson is batting .247 with 16 home runs and 43 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Dean Kremer, who is 10-4 with a 4.80 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP over 108.2 innings pitched this season.
The Philadelphia Phillies are 53-46 this season and they have lost four of their last five games. Philadelphia is coming off of a series loss to the Guardians, where they lost two out of three games. Prior to that series, the Phillies lost two out of three games at home against Milwaukee. The Philadelphia pitching staff has a 4.06 ERA, a 1.24 WHIP, and a .242 opponent batting average. The Phillies offense has scored 446 runs with a .256 batting average and a .320 on base percentage this season. Nick Castellanos is batting .282 with 14 home runs and 58 RBI’s for the Phillies. The projected starting pitcher for Philadelphia is Cristopher Sanchez, who is 0-3 with a 3.06 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP over 35.1 innings pitched this year.
Philadelphia Phillies Team Facts
- The Phillies have won each of their last 12 home games following an extra innings win.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in each of the last seven games between the Orioles and Phillies.
- The Phillies have led after 7 innings in each of their last four night games at Citizens Bank Park against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Phillies' last four games as home favourites against AL East opponents.
- The Phillies have trailed after 3 innings in seven of their last nine games as favourites.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The underdogs have won five of the Orioles' last six games.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in each of their last six games as underdogs against NL East opponents.
- The Orioles have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three night games.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Monday games as road underdogs.
- The Orioles have led after 5 innings in each of their last five Monday night games as road underdogs.
Philadelphia Phillies Player Prop Facts
- Nick Castellanos has recorded two or more total bases in six of his last seven home appearances against AL East opponents.
- J.T. Realmuto has recorded at least one hit in each of his last 15 home appearances against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- J.T. Realmuto has recorded at least one RBI in eight of the Phillies' last nine games against AL East opponents at Citizens Bank Park.
- Kyle Schwarber has hit a home run in four of the Phillies' last six home games.
- Bryson Stott ranks 8th amongst qualified players for Batting Average (.304) this season.
Baltimore Orioles Player Prop Facts
- Anthony Santander has hit at least one home run in nine of his last 23 appearances with the Orioles as underdogs against NL East opponents.
- Dean Kremer has recorded six or more strikeouts in each of his last three appearances in night games against teams that held a winning record.
- Adley Rutschman has recorded two or more total bases in each of his last four appearances against NL opponents.
- Ramon Urias has recorded at least one hit in each of his last 10 Monday night appearances against teams that held a winning record.
- Anthony Santander has recorded at least one RBI in five of the Orioles' last six games against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
- Dean Kremer ranks T7th in the league for Wins (10) this season.
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 5th in the league for walks allowed this season (285).
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks T7th in the league for doubles this season (180).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for RBI's this season (472).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 9th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.421).
The Orioles come into this game playing great baseball and they have won 12 of their last 15 games, while the Phillies have lost two series in a row. Philadelphia has played well at home this year, but Baltimore is one of the best road teams in all of baseball. The Orioles are starting Dean Kremer, who has allowed 5, 1, 1, and 7 earned runs over his last four starts. The Phillies are starting Cristopher Sanchez, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in five consecutive starts. Sanchez has been sharp for Philadelphia and I like the Phillies to get the win.