Minnesota Twins (53-48) vs Seattle Mariners (50-49)
Game Info: Monday, July 24, 2023 at 7:40 pm (Target Field)
Kenta Maeda (2-5) (5.10) vs Luis Castillo (6-7) (3.12)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -101 / Seattle Mariners -109 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Mariners and Minnesota Twins face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Target Field. These two teams just played a midweek series last week, and they split the four games.
The Twins sit with a 53-48 record overall and they are coming off the series sweep against the Chicago White Sox. On Sunday it took three runs in the 9th inning to tie the score and they were able to win in extra innings. The Twins sit with a 53-48 record overall On the mound for the Twins will be Kenta Maeda who sits with a 2-5 record and an ERA of 5.10. In his last start against the Seattle Mariners he went 6.1 innings giving up three hits and two runs.
On the other side of this matchup is the Mariners who sit a 50-49 record overall and they were able to win two of three games against the Toronto Blue Jays. On Sunday though, the offense only scored three runs and that led to the defeat. The Mariners are averaging 4.48 runs while their pitching staff is giving up 4.19 runs per game. The offense is ranked 17th while the pitching is ranked 8th. Teoscar Hernandez has hit 16 home runs and driven in 55 RBIs so far this season.
Mariners Betting Trends
- The Mariners have won each of their last 13 road games following a home loss.
- The Mariners have covered the run line in each of their last 13 road games following a home loss.
- The Mariners have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games as road favourites against AL Central opponents.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as underdogs against AL West opponents following a home win.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Twins' last five games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Twins have led after 5 innings in four of their last six games as underdogs.
Shane’s Free Pick
Maeda looked impressive in the last start giving up only two runs and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Mariners only scored three runs on Sunday and they are going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here. The Twins are going to find enough offensive success to give Maeda the run support and they will get the job done. Back the Twins on the money line.