Cardinals vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 7/24/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (54-46) vs St. Louis Cardinals (44-56)
Game Info: Monday, July 24, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Chase Field)
Ryne Nelson (6-5) (4.82) vs
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks / St. Louis Cardinals --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The St. Louis Cardinals and Arizona Diamondbacks face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Chase Field.
The Cardinals came into this game with a 44-55 record overall. The Cardinals had been playing better heading into thie weekend series against the Cubs, and they really struggled. The pitching was an issue, especially the last two days, and that led to the struggles. The Cardinals pitching overall is giving up 4.94 runs per game which is 24th in the league. On the mound for the Cardinals is Adam Wainwright who sits with a 3-4 record and an ERA of 7.66. In his last start against the Marlins he went 3.1 innings giving up seven hits and seven runs. If the Cardinals want a chance in this game, they are going to need to get better pitching.
On the other side of this matchup is the Diamondbacks who sit with a 54-46 record but they have lost four games in a row. The offense each of the last two games let them down, something that hasn’t been the case often this season. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.97 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.82 runs per game. The offense overall is ranked 7th, which makes the lack of scoring the last couple of games, even more out of the norm. Ketel Marte has had a big season and on Sunday he finished with two hits and three walks.
Cardinals Betting Preview
- The Cardinals have won each of their last six night games against the Diamondbacks at Chase Field following a loss.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in eight of their last nine night games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cardinals' last four night games at Chase Field.
Diamondbacks Betting Preview
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in each of their last eight Monday night games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last six night games between the Cardinals and Diamondbacks.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games against NL Central opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
Pitching has been an issue all season for the Cardinals, and it’s not going to get any better in this game. Adam Wainwright is coming off a start where he gave up seven runs, and now he faced a Diamondbacks offense that has been good most of the season. The Diamondbacks will score five or six runs off Wainwright, and they are going to cruise to the victory. Marte has been strong all season, and he is going to have a big game. Back the Cardinals on the money line to cash here.