White Sox vs Twins Prediction - MLB Picks 7/23/23
Minnesota Twins (51-48) vs Chicago White Sox (41-58)
Game Info: Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 2:10 pm (Target Field)
Bailey Ober (6-4) (2.74) vs Lucas Giolito (6-6) (3.96)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -161 / Chicago White Sox +125 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Target Field. The Twins have won the first two games of this series.
The White Sox are averaging 4.21 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.96 runs per game. The offense is ranked 22nd while the pitching is ranked 25th. Luis Robert has had a big season hitting 28 home runs and driven in 57 RBIs. On the mound for the White Sox will be Lucas Giolito who sits with a 6-6 record and an ERA of 3.96. In his last start against the Mets he went 3.2 innings giving up six hits and eight runs.
The Twins sit with a 52-48 record overall and the pitching was good on Saturday. Carlos Correa finished with two hits and one run. The Twins are averaging 4.35 runs while htir pitching is giving up 3.94 runs per game. The offense is ranked 20th while the pitching staff is ranked 2nd. Byron Buxton has looked good this series and on the season he has hit 17 home runs and driven in 40 RBIs. On the mound for the Twins will be Bailey Ober who sits with a 6-4 record and an ERA of 2.74. In his last start against the Mariners he went six innings giving up seven hits and three runs.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have covered the run line in five of their last six games as favourites against AL Central opponents.
- The Twins have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as home favourites.
- The Twins have led after 7 innings in each of their last five games at Target Field against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
White Sox Betting Trends
- The White Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six day games against AL Central opponents following a road loss.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The White Sox have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
Ober has been strong this season, and this White Sox’s offense isn’t great. Giolito in his last start gave up eight runs, and the Twins offense is going to find enough success here. Buxton is going to continue his success here, and this is game where betting him to hit a home run makes a lot of sense. Even if Buxton doesn’t hit that home run though, the Twins are going to score plenty, and they are going to get the job done.