Diamondbacks vs Reds Prediction - MLB Picks 7/23/23
Cincinnati Reds (54-46) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (54-45)
Game Info: Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 1:40 pm (Great American Ball Park)
Luke Weaver (2-2) (7.22) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Cincinnati Reds -109 / Arizona Diamondbacks -109 --- Over/Under: 11 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Arizona Diamondbacks and Cincinnati Reds face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at the Great American Ballpark. On Saturday it was the Reds that were able to secure the 4-2 victory.
The Reds sit with a 54-46 record overall and the pitching was the difference on Saturday. Brandon Williamson went six innings and gave up only three hits and one run. The Reds are averaging 4.9 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.97 runs per game. The pitching is ranked 26th overall and they are going to need the pitching to be good in this game. On the mound for the Reds will be Luke Weaver who sits with a 2-2 record and an ERA of 7.00. In his last start against the San Franciso Giants he went 2.2 innings giving up four hits and four runs.
On the other side of this matchup is the Diamondbacks who sit with a 54-45 record overall and their offense wasn’t good enough on Saturday. Ketel Marte finished with one hit and one RBI. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.97 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.81 runs per game. The offense is ranked 7th while the pitching is ranked 21st. Christian Walker is having a strong season hitting 20 home runs and driving in 63 RBIs.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Reds have won seven of their last eight home games against NL West opponents following a win.
- The Reds have covered the run line in 10 of their last 11 day games following a win.
- The Reds have led after 7 innings in each of their last four home games against opponents that held a winning record.
Reds Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost seven of their last eight day games after playing the previous day.
- The Diamondbacks have failed to cover the run line seven of their last eight day games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 3 innings in each of their last five Sunday day games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Reds are going to have some major issues in this game. Weaver sits with an ERA of 7.00 and in his last start he only went 2.2 innings and gave up four runs. The Diamondbacks offense has been elite this season averaging 4.97 runs and they are going to have no issue going over their season average here. Back the Diamondbacks on the money line to cash here.