UCF vs BYU Prediction College Basketball Picks 2/13/24
BYU (17-6) vs Central Florida (13-9)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 9:00 pm (Marriott Center)
Betting Odds: BYU -11.5 -- Over/Under: 143.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UCF Knights and the BYU Cougars meet in college basketball action from the Marriott Center on Tuesday night. Who comes out with the W in Tuesday night’s Big 12 action? Let’s dive in and find out with our UCF vs. BYU Prediction.
UCF Team Preview
The UCF Knights come into this matchup looking to rebound from a 66-59 loss at the hands of Texas Tech in their last matchup. Jaylin Sellers leads UCF in scoring with 17 PPG and 4.1 RPG while Darius Johnson has 13.2 PPG with a team-high 3.9 APG to lead the Knights in the assist department and to round out the pair of double-digit scorers for UCF so far this season. Marchelus Avery has 8.8 PPG with 4.4 RPG while Ibrahima Diallo also has 6.2 RPG to lead the Knights on the glass. As a team, UCF is averaging 71.3 PPG on 41.3% shooting from the field, 32% from three and 70.8% from the foul line this season. UCF will meet Cincinnati after this one.
BYU Team Preview
The BYU Cougars come into this one looking to build on a 72-66 win over Kansas State last time out. Jaxson Robinson leads the Cougars in scoring with 13.5 PPG with 2.5 RPG while Trevin Knell has 11.1 PPG with 3.8 RPG. Noah Waterman has 10.3 PPG with a team-high 5.9 RPG to lead the Cougars on the glass while Spencer Johnson has 11.2 PPG with 5.5 RPG and 3.5 APG this season. Fousseyni Traore has 10.7 PPG with 4.9 RPG in 15 games to cap off the group of double-digit scorers for BYU so far this season. Dallin Hall also has 9 PPG with a team-high 4.9 APG to lead the way in assists. As a team, BYU is averaging 83.1 PPG on 47.2% shooting from the field, 36.1% from three and 71.6% from the foul line this season. BYU will face Oklahoma State and Baylor after this game.
BYU Cougars Team Facts
- BYU has won 11 of its last 12 games at Marriott Center against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Six of BYU's last seven games against Conference opponents have produced a total of 143+ points.
- BYU has won the first half in each of its last 12 games at Marriott Center against non-AP-ranked opponents.
UCF Knights Team Facts
- UCF has lost each of its last seven road games against AP-ranked opponents.
- Five of UCF's last six games against AP-ranked opponents have produced a total of 137 or fewer points.
- UCF has lost the first half in eight of its last nine night games against AP-ranked opponents.
- BYU ranks 2nd among Division 1 teams for assists per game this season (19.7).
- BYU ranks 2nd among Division 1 teams for three-point field goals made per game this season (11.8).
- UCF ranks 11th among Division 1 teams for opponent field goals made per game this season (22.0).
- UCF ranks 13th among Division 1 teams for blocks per game this season (5.4).
UCF vs. BYU Prediction
I’m on BYU here. I know UCF has a solid defensive unit, but this Knights team has a tendency to be very defense-first and as good as that unit is, it likely won’t be able to hold up for a full 40 minutes against this BYU team that’s just as good defensively, but miles better offensively and are also at home for this matchup. I’ll gladly back BYU at home in this one.