Pittsburgh vs Virginia Prediction College Basketball Picks 2/13/24
Virginia (19-5) vs Pittsburgh (15-8)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (John Paul Jones Arena)
Betting Odds: Virginia -5.5 -- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Pittsburgh Panthers are coming off wins over Wake Forest, Notre Dame and NC State. The Virginia Cavaliers have won 8 straight games and are coming off wins over Clemson, Miami and Florida State. Here’s a Pittsburgh vs Virginia Prediction.
Pittsburgh vs Virginia Odds
Virginia is a 5.5 point favorite and a -260 favorite on the money line. The over / under is set at 122.5 points.
Pittsburgh vs Virginia Injuries
Virginia doesn’t have any player on the injury report. Pittsburgh has two players on its injury report in Jorge Diaz Graham and Papa Amadou Kante. Both players are out for the season with an ankle injury and knee injury respectively.
Pittsburgh vs Virginia Recent Meeting
The last Pitt vs Virginia matchup was in January of 2023, a meeting Pittsburgh pulled off an upset as 6 point underdogs. Pitt outscored Virginia 45-32 in the second half to complete the shocker. A Pitt trio of Nike Sibande, Blake Hinson and Jamarius Burton led the way.
Virginia Cavaliers Team Facts
- Virginia has won each of its last 26 games at John Paul Jones Arena against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Each of Virginia's last four night games against non-AP-ranked opponents at John Paul Jones Arena have produced a total of 122 or fewer points.
- Virginia has won the first half in each of its last nine games against the Atlantic Coast Conference at John Paul Jones Arena.
Pittsburgh Panthers Team Facts
- Pittsburgh has won seven of its last eight night games against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Each of Pittsburgh's last 34 games against Conference opponents have produced a total of 127+ points.
- Pittsburgh has won the first half in six of its last seven road games.
- Virginia ranks 1st among Division 1 teams for turnovers per game this season (8.4).
- Virginia ranks 1st among Division 1 teams for assist to turnover ratio this season (1.90).
- Pittsburgh ranks 23rd among Division 1 teams for turnover percentage this season (12.5%).
- Pittsburgh ranks T25th among Division 1 teams for blocks per game this season (5.0).
Pittsburgh vs Virginia Prediction
The Pittsburgh Panthers have put together a nice little winning stretch, they're good defensively, and they've had success on the road. I considered the points here. However, the Virginia Cavaliers are one of the hotter teams in all of college basketball, the offense has picked up, and they're 6-3-1 ATS in their last 10 games. I'd need an extra bucket to pull the trigger on Pitt. The line is reasonable. Give me the Cavs.