North Carolina vs Syracuse Prediction College Basketball Picks 2/13/24
Syracuse (15-9) vs North Carolina (19-5)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (JMA Wireless Dome)
Betting Odds: Syracuse +8 -- Over/Under: 157.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The North Carolina Tar Heels and Syracuse Orange face off on Tuesday in a college basketball showdown at JMA Wireless Dome. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free North Carolina vs Syracuse prediction.
North Carolina Has Been a Little Inconsistent The Last Few Games
North Carolina has been a little inconsistent the last couple of games and they have gone 1-1. Two games ago against Clemson they lost 80-76 and in the last game against the Miami Hurricanes they only won by three points. North Carolina on the season is averaging 82.5 points while their defense is giving up 70.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 22nd in the league while thie defense is ranked 139th in the league. RJ Davis has been the top player averaging 21.5 points while shooting 43.2 percent from the field. North Carolina will face Virginia Tech after this game.
Syracuse Defense Looks to be Better
Syracuse in the last game faced off against Clemson and the defense gave up 77 points. Syracuse also only scored 68 points, which isn’t enough when their defense had issues. Chris Bell was the top offensive player putting up 16 points, three rebounds, and one assist. Syracuse on the season is averaging 75.6 points while their defense is giving up 74.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 258th in the league and it hasn’t been good enough overall. Judah Mintz is averaging 18.2 points while shooting 42.8 percent from teh field and 32.8 percent from behind the three point line.
Syracuse Orange Team Facts
- Syracuse has lost each of its last 16 games against Top 10 AP-ranked opponents.
- Ten of Syracuse's last 11 games at JMA Wireless Dome have produced a total of 154 or fewer points.
- Syracuse has won the first half in each of its last six night games at JMA Wireless Dome.
North Carolina Tar Heels Team Facts
- North Carolina has won seven of its last eight road games against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Each of North Carolina's last eight road games against non-AP-ranked opponents have produced a total of 147 or fewer points.
- North Carolina has lost the first half in four of its last five games against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Syracuse ranks 16th among Division 1 teams for steals per game this season (9.4).
- Syracuse ranks 25th among Division 1 teams for opponent turnovers per game this season (15.2).
- North Carolina ranks 7th among Division 1 teams for rebounds per game this season (41.4).
- North Carolina ranks 9th among Division 1 teams for free throws made per game this season (18.3).
North Carolina vs Syracuse Betting Prediction
Syracuse’s defense was awful in the last game and they are going to be awful again here. North Carolina is averaging 82.5 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Syracuse is averaging 75.6 points and they are going to also find plenty of success scoring. There is going to be no defense played by either team, and this game is going to go over the total. Back the over to cash here.