La Salle vs Davidson Prediction College Basketball Picks 2/13/24
Davidson (13-10) vs La Salle (11-13)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (Belk Arena)
Betting Odds: Davidson Wildcats -9 -- Over/Under: 139 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The La Salle Explorers and the Davidson Wildcats meet Tuesday in college basketball action from Belk Arena. La Salle is sitting at 11-13 this year. The Explorers lost to Richmond in their last game. As for Davidson, they’re 13-10 following a loss to George Mason over the weekend. Let’s get into our La Salle vs. Davidson prediction. Check back all season long for free college basketball picks at Pick Dawgz.
La Salle Explorers
The Explorers got off to a solid 8-2 start this year with losses to only Duke and Temple. It’s been a struggle at 3-11 since then. La Salle has lost to UMass, VCU, Saint Joseph’s, Dayton, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s again, Saint Louis and Richmond in just the last nine games.
In their Saturday matchup versus Richmond, the Explorers posted a 36-27 deficit in the first half. La Salle didn’t get any closer on a 46-38 run from there and took the loss 82-65. Khalil Brantley led the team in the losing effort with 22 points, four rebounds and two steals.
Over on the Davidson side, they went 10-3 over their first 13 outings. The Wildcats have struggled lately as well though, going 3-7 since then. The losses have come versus Dayton, Rhode Island, George Washington, Richmond, VCU, Loyola and George Mason in that time.
Matched up against George Mason on Saturday, the Wildcats were down 26-25 in the locker room. Davidson was outscored 31-30 in the second half during a tough loss 57-55. Reed Bailey was the team’s leading scorer on 22 points with six rebounds in 30 minutes of work.
Davidson Wildcats Team Facts
- Davidson has lost each of its last six games against the Atlantic 10 Conference at John M. Belk Arena.
- Each of Davidson's last four games against Conference opponents have produced a total of 139 or fewer points.
- The home team has won the first half in five of the last six games between La Salle and Davidson.
La Salle Explorers Team Facts
- La Salle has lost each of its last eight Tuesday night games against the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- Six of La Salle's last seven road games have produced a total of 144+ points.
- La Salle has lost the first half in four of its last five road games against the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- Davidson ranks 25th among Division 1 teams for opponent free throw percentage this season (67.8%).
- Davidson ranks 45th among Division 1 teams for turnovers per game this season (10.2).
- La Salle ranks 13th among Division 1 teams for turnover percentage this season (12.1%).
- La Salle ranks T16th among Division 1 teams for opponent steals per game this season (4.9).
ANDREW’S FREE LA SALLE VS DAVIDSON PREDICITON
I’ll stick with Davidson. Both these teams could use a good showing, though. The Wildcats were at least able to hang around with a pretty good George Mason team in their last outing, despite getting out-rebounded 38-28 and shooting a rough 34.6 percent from the field. Davidson has struggled on the scoreboard lately with fewer than 64 points in three of the last four games (a 1-3 run).
As for La Salle, they’ve scored fairly well lately themselves but they’re also giving up a lot of points—70 or more in five straight. Davidson should have some scoring opportunities here; if they can capitalize I like the Wildcats to cover.