Iowa State vs Cincinnati Prediction College Basketball Picks 2/13/24
Cincinnati (15-8) vs Iowa State (18-5)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (Fifth Third Arena)
Betting Odds: Cincinnati Bearcats PK -- Over/Under: 136.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN2 Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Iowa State Cyclones and the Cincinnati Bearcats meet Tuesday in college basketball action from Fifth Third Arena. Iowa State comes into this one at 18-5 overall following a win over TCU on Saturday. As for Cincinnati, they’re coming off a loss to Houston that dropped the Bearcats to 15-8 so far. Let’s get into our Iowa State vs. Cincinnati prediction. Check back all season long for free college basketball picks at Pick Dawgz.
Iowa State Cyclones
The Cyclones posted a 13-4 run over their first 17 games this year. The only losses in that time were versus Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and BYU. Iowa State is 5-1 since then with wins over TCU, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas and TCU mixed with a lone loss to Baylor.
On Saturday versus TCU, the Cyclones went into the locker room leading 30-22. Iowa State kept it up in the second half with a 41-37 run and took the victory 71-59. Tre King led the team with 15 points, three rebounds and a block, while Curtis Jones added 13 points off the bench.
Over on the Bearcats’ side, they lost to only Xavier and Dayton in their first 14 games but it’s been a choppy run since then. Cincinnati is 3-6 in their last nine outings with losses to Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas, West Virginia and Houston alongside wins versus TCU, UCF and Texas Tech.
In the big matchup versus Houston on Saturday, the Bearcats had a pretty good first half with a 32-29 advantage. Cincinnati was outscored 38-30 the rest of the way however, resulting in a loss 67-62. Dan Skillings led the team with 13 bench points and John Newman doubled up on 10 points and 10 boards.
Cincinnati Bearcats Team Facts
- Cincinnati has won 20 of its last 21 night games at Fifth Third Arena.
- Each of Cincinnati's last three home games against Conference opponents have produced a total of 134 or fewer points.
- Cincinnati has lost the first half in each of its last four night games at Fifth Third Arena.
Iowa State Cyclones Team Facts
- Iowa State has won each of its last 10 games against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Three of Iowa State's last four games against non-AP-ranked opponents have produced a total of 135 or fewer points.
- Iowa State has won the first half in each of its last 10 games against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Cincinnati ranks 10th among Division 1 teams for rebound percentage this season (56.1%).
- Cincinnati ranks 11th among Division 1 teams for rebounds per game this season (41.0).
- Iowa State ranks 3rd among Division 1 teams for opponent turnovers per game this season (17.8).
- Iowa State ranks 3rd among Division 1 teams for opponent field goal attempts per game this season (51.5).
ANDREW’S FREE IOWA STATE VS CINCINNATI PREDICTION
I’ll lean toward Iowa State in this one. The Cyclones are playing some pretty good basketball these days and didn’t have too many issues with a good TCU team in their last game. Iowa State shot 50 percent from the field in that one and went 15-of-18 (83.3 percent) from the line. That makes 70 or more points in six of the last seven games for the Cyclones.
As for Cincinnati, it wouldn’t be surprising to see them cause some real issues for Iowa State on Tuesday. The Bearcats hung around with a great Houston squad on Saturday, and beat Texas Tech the weekend before that. Cincinnati should get a lift from playing at home, but if Iowa State plays to their capabilities I like the Cyclones a little better on the potential cover/win.