Duquesne vs Dayton Prediction College Basketball Picks 2/13/24
Dayton (19-4) vs Duquesne (14-9)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (University of Dayton Arena)
Betting Odds: Dayton -9.5 -- Over/Under: 136 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Duquesne Dukes and Dayton Flyers face off on Tuesday in a college basketball showdown at UD Arena. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Duquesne vs Dayton prediction.
Duquesne Looks to Build on Last Game
Duquesne in the last game faced off against St Bonaventure, and they were able to secure the 75-69 victory. Fousseyni Drame had a big game putting up 16 points and 14 rebounds. Duquesne is averaging 72.1 points while their defense is giving 67.7 points per game. The offense isn’t ranked the highest but the offense is ranked 74th. In this game if they want any short of chance, the defense is going to need to be good here. Dae Dae Grant is averaging 17.3 points while shooting 36.8 percent from the field.
Can the Dayton Offense Bounce Back?
Dayton has found a lot of success this season, but they are coming off a loss in the last game. Dayton scored only 47 points against VCU and they ended up losing by two points. Nate Santos had a strong game putting up 19 points and six rebounds, but the rest of the team wasn’t good enough. Dayton is averaging 73.8 points while their defense is giving up 64.3 points per game. The defense is ranked 18th, but in this game it’s going to be about the offense being better. DaRon Holmes II has been the top player averaging 19.4 points while shooting 54.3 percent from the field. Dayton will play against Fordham, George Mason, and Davidson after this one.
Dayton Flyers Team Facts
- Dayton has won each of its last 12 games at University of Dayton Arena.
- Each of the last five games between Duquesne and Dayton have produced a total of 134 or fewer points.
- Dayton has won the first half in each of its last four games against Duquesne.
Duquesne Dukes Team Facts
- Duquesne has lost each of its last 10 games at University of Dayton Arena.
- Each of Duquesne's last 10 road games against Conference opponents have produced a total of 139+ points.
- Duquesne has lost the first half in four of its last five night games against AP-ranked opponents.
- Dayton ranks 2nd among Division 1 teams for opponent free throws made per game this season (8.7).
- Dayton ranks 3rd among Division 1 teams for opponent free throw attempts per game this season (12.3).
Duquesne vs Dayton Betting Prediction
The way Dayton’s offense scored in the last game is a bit concerning and I think they are going to struggle again here. This Duquesne offense is averaging 72.1 points and they are going to find offensive success here. Dayton’s defense might be good, but they aren’t going to pull away here, and that is going to be the difference here as Duquesne will keep the game close. Back Duquesne against the spread.