Stony Brook at Nebraska Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/15/23
Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-0) vs Stony Brook Seawolves (1-2)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Pinnacle Bank Arena)
Betting Odds: Nebraska Cornhuskers -16.5 -- Over/Under: 138 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: B1G+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Stony Brook Seawolves will travel to Lincoln to face the Nebraska Cornhuskers this Wednesday in a Cornhusker Classic matchup from Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Stony Brook Preview
Stony Brook comes in at 1-2 after losing to Duquense in Pittsburgh, 85-63. The Seawolves were outplayed in both halves by the Dukes, and they’ll look to show more fight here in Lincoln. SBU is scoring 76.0 points per game, on 40.8% shooting, while allowing 60.0 ppg.
Stony Brook Player Notes
• Senior guard Aaron Clarke led the way with 22 points in the loss to Duquesne, and he’s now first on the team in scoring (11.7).
• Queens native Tyler Stephenson-Moore struggled from the field but finished with 14 points versus the Dukes, and he’s tied for the team-lead in scoring at 11.7 ppg.
• CCSU transfer Andre Snoddy leads SBU in rebounding (6.3), while scoring 5.7 ppg.
Nebraska Cornhuskers Preview
Nebraska enters at 3-0 after defeating Rider at home, 64-50. The Cornhuskers did just enough to hold the Broncs off in the second half, and they’ll look for a stronger effort here against Stony Brook. Nebraska is scoring 76.3 points per game, on 40.8% shooting, while allowing 61.0 ppg.
Nebraska Player Notes
• Bradley transfer Rienk Mast has asserted himself early, and after a monster 16-board game in the win over Florida A&M, he double-doubled against Rider as well. Mast leads Nebraska in scoring (15.0) and rebounding (11.7) through three games.
• Former Charlotte guard Brice Williams also flirted with a double-double versus the Broncs, and he’s second on the team with 11.7 ppg and 5.0 rpg.
• Junior guard C.J. Wilcher scored 13 points in both wins over Jacksonville and Rider.
Stony Brook vs Nebraska Trends
• SBU is 0-1 against the spread, with a 0-1 O/U record
• NEB is 2-0 ATS, with a 1-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Nebraska did well bringing in Rienk Mast via transfer portal, and another big game from him should lead to another double-digit victory for Nebraska. The Cornhuskers didn’t shoot very well against Rider, and if they come out a bit sharper here at home, they can lay the points here for us. The Under could be in play due to a potential lopsided game, but let’s back Nebraska for this Cornhusker Classic matchup.