Southeastern Louisiana at BYU Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/15/23
BYU Cougars (2-0) vs Southeastern Louisiana Lions (0-1)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Marriott Center)
Betting Odds: BYU Cougars -22.5 -- Over/Under: 156.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The SE Louisiana Lions will head out to Provo to face the BYU Cougars in non-conference play this Wednesday from the Marriott Center on ESPN+.
SE Louisiana Preview
SE Louisiana comes in at 1-1 after falling to Auburn on the road, 86-71. The Lions weren’t able to erase a double-digit halftime deficit, and they’ll attempt to bounce back here in Provo. SELA is scoring 80.5 points per game, on 50.4% shooting, while allowing 78.5 ppg.
SELA Player Notes
• Junior guard Roger McFarlane had a big game against Auburn, going for 24 points and 11 boards, and he leads SELA in both categories with 19.0 ppg and 8.0 rpg.
• Marietta native Roscoe Eastmond added 15 points in the loss to Auburn, but he’ll attempt to shoot better in this road matchup after going 5-15.
• Senior swingman Nick Caldwell has reached double figures in both contests, and he’s grabbing 5.0 rpg.
Brigham Young Cougars Preview
BYU enters at 2-0 after defeating San Diego State at home, 74-65. The Cougars outscored the Aztecs in both halves to take down their former conference rivals, and they’ll look to remain unblemished here. BYU is scoring 92.0 points per game, on 45.5% shooting, while allowing 64.0 ppg.
BYU Player Notes
• Senior guard Spencer Johnson opened the season with a nice 20/5/7 line in the win over Houston Baptist, and he leads BYU in scoring (15.0) and assists (4.5) early on.
• Junior guard Trevin Knell matched his energy with 19 points in the win over HBU, and he’s second on the team at 13.0 ppg.
• Sophomore guard Dallin Hall showed up big in the ranked win over SDSU, scoring a team-high 18 points, and he’s averaging 12.0 ppg.
• Veteran guard Jaxson Robinson has reached double figures in both contests.
• Third-year forward Fousseyni Traore has flirted with double-doubles in both wins, and he leads the Cougs in rebounding (8.5), while scoring 9.0 ppg.
SE Louisiana vs Brigham Young Trends
• SELA is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 O/U record
• BYU is 2-0 ATS, with a 1-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
BYU has looked great through their first two games, and I believe they’re going to complete this homestand strong. SELA played a talented Auburn team very tough on the road, and that has me cautious on the lofty margin again. The Cougars should win this game at home, and with the magic number sitting a bit high, targeting the total feels like the route to go here. Back the Under for this BYU/SELA matchup.