Merrimack at Ohio State Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/15/23
Ohio State Buckeyes (1-1) vs Merrimack Warriors (2-1)
Game Info: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Value City Arena)
Betting Odds: Ohio State Buckeyes -22.5 -- Over/Under: 133.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Merrimack Warriors will head down to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes in non-conference play this Wednesday from the Value City Arena on the Big Ten Network.
Merrimack Warriors Preview
Merrimack comes in at 2-1 after defeating Maine on the road by six, 71-65. The Warriors used timely shooting down the stretch to take down the Black Bears, and they’ll look to match Oakland’s effort by putting a scare on Ohio State here. Merrimack is scoring 73.0 points per game, on 46.8% shooting, while allowing 68.3 ppg.
Merrimack Player Notes
• Sophomore guard Jordan Derkack (16.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg) left early in the matchup with Maine, and if he misses this road spot the Warriors will be walking into this one without their leading scorer and rebounder.
• Freshman guard Adam Clark led the way with 19 points in the win over Maine, and he’s averaging 13.3 ppg, and a team-leading 4.0 apg.
Ohio State Buckeyes Preview
Ohio State enters at 1-1 after losing to Texas A&M at home, 73-66. The Buckeyes weren’t able to hold off the visiting Aggies, and they’ll look to regroup here at home. OSU is scoring 72.5 points per game, on 43.9% shooting, while allowing 73.0 ppg.
Ohio State Player Notes
• Sophomore guard Bruce Thornton (20.5) led the way with 24 points in the loss to A&M, but he hasn’t shot very well thru two contests, and he’ll look to clean things up here in the light matchup with Merrimack.
• Niagara Falls native Roddy Gayle Jr. has posted well rounded lines in both contests, and he’s averaging 13.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, and a team-leading 5.5 apg.
• Veteran forward Zed Key has flirted with double-doubles in both games, and he leads OSU in rebounding (7.5), while scoring 12.5 ppg.
Merrimack vs Ohio State Trends
• MERR is 0-1 against the spread, with a 0-1 O/U record
• OSU is 0-2 ATS, with a 2-0 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
This will be a large number for an Ohio State team looking to get going, and although there’s little chance of an upset here, the hosts haven’t looked like 21-point favorites. Ohio State struggled to close all through last season, so while they should bounce back at home, hitting that number could be tricky. The total is in an attainable spot, and I believe the Over will be play for this contest, with Ohio State needing to do the heavy lifting at home. If Merrimack leader Jordan Derkack misses this game, trust OSU to lay the points, with the Under in mind as the visitors may struggle without their best player.