Wofford at Tennessee Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/14/23
Tennessee Volunteers (2-0) vs Wofford Terriers (2-0)
Game Info: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 6:30 pm (Thompson-Boling Arena)
Betting Odds: Tennessee Volunteers -31.5-- Over/Under: 143.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SECN+ Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Wofford Terriers will head up to Knoxville to take on the Tennessee Volunteers in non-conference action this Tuesday from the Thompson-Boling Arena on the SEC Network+. Tennessee has won each of the previous seven meetings between the two southern schools.
Wofford Terriers Preview
Wofford comes in at 2-0 after defeating High Point in Spartansburg by one, 89-83. The Terriers used a late rally to come away with the victory, and they’ll look to show some fight here in Knoxville. Wofford is scoring 86.5 points per game, on 50.8% shooting, while allowing 60.0 ppg.
Wofford Player Notes
• Junior guard Dillon Bailey led the way with 20 points in the win over High Point, and he’s first on the team in scoring at 16.0 ppg.
• Third-year guard Corey Tripp posted a strong line (19/6/6) in the win over Brevard, and he’s averaging 15.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, and a team-leading 4.0 apg.
• Northeastern transfer Chase Cormier has reached double figures in his first two games with Wofford.
Tennessee Volunteers Preview
Tennessee enters at 2-0 after defeating Wisconsin in Madison by ten, 80-70. The Volunteers used a strong first half to tack on a quality non-conference win, and they’ll look to remain sharp here against Wofford. Tennessee is scoring 80.0 points per game, on 47.9% shooting, while allowing 61.0 ppg.
Tennessee Player Notes
• Northern Colorado transfer Dalton Knecht has settled in well with the Orange and maize, and after scoring a game-high 24 points in the win over Wisconsin, he leads the Vols in scoring (20.5).
• Charleston native Josiah-Jordan James has played well in both contests, and he’s second on the team with 13.0 ppg and 6.5 rpg.
• Junior forward Jonas Aidoo leads Tennessee in rebounding (7.5), while scoring 7.0 ppg.
Wofford vs Tennessee Trends
• WOFF is 0-1 against the spread, with a 0-1 O/U record
• TENN is 2-0 ATS, with a 1-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Tennessee looked great on the road in Madison last Friday, and I believe they remain sharp with a pair of road tests with ACC schools on the horizon. The margin on this contest is large, and while the Vols may very well cover the lofty number, I like targeting the total a bit more here. Rick Barnes’ group is a smothering bunch, and this contest could look a lot like one-sided season-opening victory over Tennessee Tech, as Wofford may find trouble putting points on the board in Knoxville. Let’s back Tennessee’s defense with the Under here, and don’t shy away from the spread as well.