South Alabama at Alabama Prediction - College Basketball Picks 11/14/23
Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) vs South Alabama Jaguars (1-1)
Game Info: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Coleman Coliseum)
Betting Odds: Alabama Crimson Tide -20 -- Over/Under: 151.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SEC Stream College Basketball all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The South Alabama Jaguars will head up to Tuscaloosa to take on the Alabama Crimson Tide in non-conference action this Tuesday.
South Alabama Jaguars Preview
South Alabama comes in at 1-1 after defeating Buffalo in New York, 70-56. The Jaguars bounced back from an embarrassing loss to cross town rivals Mobile College with the road victory. South Alabama is scoring 72.0 points per game, on 45% shooting, while allowing 68.0 ppg.
South Alabama Player Notes
• Junior forward Judah Brown leads the team in scoring (14.0), after scoring 21 points in the loss to Mobile.
• Third-year forward Thomas Howell grabbed a game-high 10 boards in the win over Buffalo, and he leads SALA in rebounding (8.5), while scoring 7.5 ppg.
Alabama Crimson Tide Preview
Alabama enters at 2-0 after defeating Indiana State in non-conference play, 102-80. The Crimson Tide managed to hold off the Sycamores down the stretch to cover the 18-point margin, and they’ll look to rip another win off here at home. Alabama is scoring 103.5 points per game, on 53.7% shooting, while allowing 77.0 ppg.
Alabama Player Notes
• NDSU transfer Grant Nelson looks like the real deal early on, and he’s leading Bama in scoring (22.0) and rebounding (7.5) early.
• Former Hofstra guard Aaron Estrada has also made himself comfortable, and after pouring in 27 points in the win over Indiana State, he’s averaging 21.5 ppg and a team-leading 4.0 apg
• Muscle Shoals native Mark Sears added 24 points in the win over INST, and he’s up to 18.5 ppg for the season.
South Alabama vs Alabama Trends
• SALA is 1-0 against the spread, with a 1-0 O/U record
• BAMA is 2-0 ATS, with a 2-0 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Nate Oats retooled on the fly in a bigger way through the transfer portal, and it’s shown early, as the Tide have been led by two studs in Grant Nelson and Aaron Estrada. The returning talent in Crimson have complimented the new signees well, and I like them flexing their muscles on their in-state rivals here. South Alabama losing to Mobile at home is alarming, and they might just have a tough time here in Tuscaloosa. I like Alabama laying the points here, and give the Over a look as well, as both Bama games have been high-scoring on both sides.